Posted on 2019-10-18, by perica123.
Mindfulness as Medicine - A Story of Healing Body and Spirit
by Sister Dang Nghiem
English | 218 pages | EPUB | 1.64 MB | March 2, 2015 | ISBN-10: 1937006948
Before she became a Buddhist nun in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh, Sister Dang Nghiem was a doctor. She'd traveled far in her 43 years. Born during the Tet Offensive and part of the amnesty for Amerasian children of the late 1970s, Dang Nghiem arrived in this country virtually penniless and with no home. She lived with three foster families, but graduated high school with honors, earned two undergraduate degrees, and became a doctor. When the man she thought she'd spend her life with suddenly drowned, Sister Dang Nghiem left medicine and joined the monastic community of Thich Nhat Hanh.
It is from this vantage point that Dang Nghiem writes about her journey of healing. Devastated by the diagnosis and symptoms of Lyme, she realized that she was also reliving many of the unresolved traumas from earlier in her life. She applied both her medical knowledge and her advanced understanding and practice of mindfulness to healing. Through meditation she finally came to understand what it means to "master" suffering.
In Mindfulness as Medicine Sister Dang Nghiem leads readers through her profound journey of healing and shares step-by-step directions for the techniques she used to embrace and transform her suffering.
"Suffering can be transformed and cured at its roots...Suffering is an art that can be learned and mastered...We do not have to run away from it anymore...The art of suffering can bring about deep appreciation for life as well as profound peace, joy, and love for ourselves and other beings."-Sister Dang Nghiem
- Ebooks list page : 41558
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Mindfulness as Medicine: A Story of Healing Body and Spirit
- 2020-02-21From Doctor to Patient: Healing Cancer through Mind, Body and Spirit
- 2019-11-07A Healing Grove African Tree Remedies and Rituals for the Body and Spirit
- 2019-08-26Empathy Fatigue Healing the Mind, Body, and Spirit of Professional Counselors
- 2019-01-25The Mindfulness Effect An Unexpected Path to Healing, Connection and Social Justice [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-11The Mindfulness Effect An Unexpected Path to Healing, Connection and Social Justice [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-27The Mindfulness Effect An Unexpected Path to Healing, Connection and Social Justice [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-13Thai Massage the Thai Way Healing Body and Mind
- 2018-09-22How to Heal Yourself When No One Else Can A Total Self-Healing Approach for Mind, Body, and Spirit
- 2018-07-30Mindfulness Yoga: The Awakened Union of Breath, Body, and Mind
- 2018-07-28How to Heal Yourself When No One Else Can A Total Self-Healing Approach for Mind, Body, and Spirit
- 2018-01-16[PDF] A Healing Grove: African Tree Remedies and Rituals for the Body and Spirit
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Yoga for Stress Relief: Calm Your Mind, Body and Spirit (Includes bonus DVD - Inner peace, spirituality meditation, fitness and weight loss, self help, mindfulness book and video)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Angel Medicine: How to Heal the Body and Mind with the Help of Your Angels [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Healing Body and Mind: A Critical Issue for Health Care Reform (Praeger Series in Health Psychology)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Thai Massage the Thai Way: Healing Body and Mind
- 2017-10-20Mindfulness Yoga: The Awakened Union of Breath, Body, and Mind
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Meta-Physician on Call for Better Health: Metaphysics and Medicine for Mind, Body and Spirit (Practical and Applied Psychology)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Meta-Physician on Call for Better Health: Metaphysics and Medicine for Mind, Body and Spirit (Practical and Applied Psychology)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.