Posted on 2019-01-03, by nokia241186.
My Own Devices: True Stories from the Road on Music, Science, and Senseless Love by Dessa
English | 2018-09-18 | ISBN-10: 1524742295 | 272 Pages
"Incredible gravitas and presence and humanity. There's just so much intelligence to everything she does." - NPR, All Songs Considered Dessa defies categoryshe is an intellectual with an international rap career and an inhaler in her backpack; a creative writer fascinated by philosophy and behavioral science; and a funny, charismatic performer dogged by blue moods and heartache. She's ferocious on stage and endearingly neurotic in the tour van. Her stunning literary debut memoir stitches together poignant insights on love, science, and languagea demonstration of just how far the mind can travel while the body is on a six-hour ride to the next gig. In "The Fool That Bets Against Me," Dessa writes to Geico to request a commercial insurance policy for the broken heart that's helped her write so many sad songs. "A Ringing in the Ears" tells the story of her father building a wooden airplane in their backyard garage. In "Congratulations," she describes the challenge of recording a song for The Hamilton Mixtape in a Minneapolis basement, straining for a high note and hoping for a break. "Call off Your Ghost" chronicles the fascinating project she undertook with a team of neuroscientists to try and clinically excise romantic feelings for an old flame. Her writing is infused with scientific research, dry wit, a philosophical perspective, and an abiding tenderness for the people she tours with and the people she leaves behind to be on the road. My Own Devices is an uncompromising and candid account of a life in motion, in music, and in love. Dessa is as compelling on the page as she is onstage, making My Own Devices the debut of a unique and deft literary voice.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38412
- 2020-04-29World War 2 Submarine Stories: True Stories From the Underwater Battlegrounds
- 2020-02-07Bad Rabbi: And Other Strange but True Stories from the Yiddish Press (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and Culture)
- 2019-06-13Read Online An Angel Called My Name: Incredible true stories from the other side by Theresa Cheung in PDF / Epub
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Flak : True Stories from the Men Who Flew in World War Two
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Unlikely Loves: 43 Heartwarming True Stories from the Animal Kingdom
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Here, There, Elsewhere: Stories from the Road
- 2017-10-13[PDF] War Stories: True Stories from the First & Second World Wars
- 2017-10-13[PDF] My Southern Journey: True Stories from the Heart of the South
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Here, There, Elsewhere: Stories from the Road
- 2014-05-07Unlikely Loves: 43 Heartwarming True Stories from the Animal Kingdom (repost)
- 2014-01-07Unlikely Loves: 43 Heartwarming True Stories from the Animal Kingdom - eazydoc.com
- 2013-12-31Unlikely Loves: 43 Heartwarming True Stories from the Animal Kingdom
- 2013-11-10Unlikely Loves 43 Heartwarming True Stories from the Animal Kingdom
- 2013-10-11Unlikely Loves: 43 Heartwarming True Stories from the Animal Kingdom
- 2012-01-08Flak: True Stories from the Men who flew in World War Two (Audiobook)
- 2018-10-15How They Met True Stories of the Power of Serendipity in Finding Lasting Love
- 2018-08-22How They Met True Stories of the Power of Serendipity in Finding Lasting Love
- 2018-06-05The Children Money Can Buy Stories from the Frontlines of Foster Care and Adoption
- 2017-04-02[PDF] The Mammoth Book of Golden Age: Ten Classic Stories from the Birth of Modern Science Fiction Writing (Mammoth Books)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.