Author: Office of Technology Assessment
Publisher: University Press of the Pacific
Posted on 2011-12-08, by LionFar.
|Title:Office of Technology Assessment, "Pharmaceutical R and D: Costs, Risks and Rewards"
Author:Office of Technology Assessment
Publisher:University Press of the Pacific
|Description:Pharmaceutical costs are among the fastest growing components of health care costs today. Although increases in the inflation-adjusted prices of ethical drugs and perceived high prices of new drugs have been a concern of congressional committees for over 30 years, the growing Federal role in paying for prescription drugs has increased the concern over the appropriateness of prices relative to the costs of bringing new drugs to market. Specific policies of U.S. and other governments can alter the delicate balance between costs and returns to pharmaceutical R&D, with ramifications for the future health of Americans, for health care costs, and for the future of the U.S. pharmaceutical industry. OTA's report focuses mainly on the economic side of the R&D process. Pharmaceutical R&D is an investment, and the principal characteristic of an investment is that money is spent today in the hopes of generating even more money in the future. Pharmaceutical R&D is a risky investment; therefore, high financial returns are necessary to induce companies to invest in researching new chemical entities. Changes in Federal policy that affect the cost, uncertainty and returns of pharmaceutical R&D may have dramatic effects on the investment patterns of the industry. Given this sensitivity to policy changes, careful consideration of the effects on R&D is needed. The specific request for this study came from the House Committee on Energy and Commerce and its Subcommittee on Health and the Environment. The Senate Committee on the Judiciary's Subcommittee on Antitrust, Monopolies, and Business Rights endorsed the study. OTA was assisted in this study by an advisory panel of business, consumer, and academic leaders chaired by Frederick M. Scherer, Ph.D., Professor of Economics, John E Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. OTA gratefully acknowledges the contribution of each of these individuals. As with all OTA reports, the final responsibility for the content of the assessment rests with OTA.
Download Office of Technology Assessment, "Pharmaceutical R and D: Costs, Risks and Rewards"
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 15968
- 2013-08-25Office of Technology Assessment, Pharmaceutical R and D: Costs, Risks and Rewards (Repost)
- 2011-12-08Office of Technology Assessment, "Pharmaceutical R and D: Costs, Risks and Rewards"
- 2012-02-15ASME Steam Tables: Compact Edition (Crtd) - ASME Research And Technology Committee On Water And Steam In Thermal Systems Subcommittee On Propert
- 2012-01-03ASME Steam Tables: Compact Edition (Crtd) - ASME Research And Technology Committee On Water And Steam In Thermal Systems Subcommittee On Propert - Removed
- 2011-12-17ASME Steam Tables: Compact Edition (Crtd) - ASME Research And Technology Committee On Water And Steam In Thermal Systems Subcommittee On Propert - Removed
- 2011-09-27Standards for the Assessment of Reading and Writing (revised edition)
- 2011-07-16Standards for the Assessment of Reading and Writing (revised edition)
- 2020-11-30Packaging Technology and Engineering_ Pharmaceutical, Medical and Food Applications-Wiley-Blackwell (2020)
- 2020-11-24Green Chemistry and Sustainable Technology: Biological, Pharmaceutical, and Macromolecular Systems
- 2020-11-03Characterization of Pharmaceutical Nano- and Microsystems (Advances in Pharmaceutical Technology)
- 2020-06-07Ambivalences of Creating Life: Societal and Philosophical Dimensions of Synthetic Biology (Ethics of Science and Technology Assessment)
- 2020-06-02Synthetic Biology Analysed: Tools for Discussion and Evaluation (Ethics of Science and Technology Assessment)
- 2020-05-20Langfristiges Planen: Zur Bedeutung sozialer und kognitiver Ressourcen für nachhaltiges Handeln (Ethics of Science and Technology Assessment, Band 41)
- 2019-12-09Global Changes: Ethics, Politics and Environment in the Contemporary Technological World (Ethics of Science and Technology Assessment)
- 2019-03-11Innovations in E-learning, Instruction Technology, Assessment, and Engineering Education
- 2019-03-05Innovations in E-learning, Instruction Technology, Assessment, and Engineering Education
- 2018-11-24Pharmaceutical Photostability and Stabilization Technology
- 2018-05-07Pharmaceutical Extrusion Technology, Second Edition (Drugs and the Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Balancing Renewable Electricity: Energy Storage, Demand Side Management, and Network Extension from an Interdisciplinary Perspective (Ethics of Science and Technology Assessment) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.