Posted on 2019-01-25, by nokia241186.
David C. Geary - Origin of Mind: Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence
Published: 2004-10-30 | ISBN: 1591471818 | PDF | 459 pages | 17 MB
Darwin considered an understanding of the evolution of the human mind and brain to be of major importance to the evolutionary sciences. This groundbreaking book sets out a comprehensive, integrated theory of why and how the human mind has developed to function as it does. Geary proposes that human motivational, affective, behavioral, and cognitive systems have evolved to process social and ecological information (e.g., facial expressions) that covaried with survival or reproductive options during human evolution. Further, he argues that the ultimate focus of all of these systems is to support our attempts to gain access to and control of resources - more specifically, the social (e.g., mates), biological (e.g., food), and physical (e.g., territory) resources that supported successful survival and reproduction over time. In this view, Darwin's conceptualization of natural selection as a struggle for existence becomes, for us, a struggle with other human beings for control of the available resources. This struggle provides a means of integrating modular brain and cognitive systems such as language with those brain and cognitive systems that support general intelligence. findings in cognitive science and neuroscience as well as primatology, anthropology, and sociology. The book also explores a number of issues that are of interest in modern society, including how general intelligence relates to academic achievement, occupational status, and income. Readers will find this book a thought-provoking read and an impetus for new theories of mind.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38823
- 2019-01-10Origin of Mind Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence
- 2018-12-21Origin of Mind Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Origin of Mind: Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence
- 2011-01-22Origin of Mind: Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence (repost)
- 2009-04-09Origin of Mind: Evolution of Brain, Cognition, and General Intelligence
- 2020-01-24Evolution of the Brain, Cognition, and Emotion in Vertebrates (Brain Science) - Removed
- 2021-02-09Self Regulation: Brain, Cognition, and Development
- 2014-03-16Self-Regulation: Brain, Cognition, and Development (repost)
- 2013-07-23Self-Regulation: Brain, Cognition, and Development ( PDF )
- 2013-04-21Self-Regulation: Brain, Cognition, and Development
- 2011-02-04Language, Thought, and the Brain (Cognition and Language: A Series in Psycholinguistics) [Repost]
- 2010-04-08Language, Thought, and the Brain (Cognition and Language: A Series in Psycholinguistics)
- 2009-08-28Language, Thought, and the Brain (Cognition and Language) (ReUp)
- 2019-08-24Advances in Brain, Vision, and Artificial Intelligence
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Tumors of the Central Nervous System, Volume 13: Types of Tumors, Diagnosis, Ultrasonography, Surgery, Brain Metastasis, and General CNS Diseases - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Mind Design II: Philosophy, Psychology, and Artificial Intelligence (Bradford Books)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Advances in Brain, Vision, and Artificial Intelligence: Second International Symposium, BVAI 2007, Naples, Italy, October 10-12, 2007, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) - Removed
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Mind Design II: Philosophy, Psychology, and Artificial Intelligence (Bradford Books)
- 2013-10-05Brain, Vision, and Artificial Intelligence: First International Symposium, BVAI 2005, Naples, Italy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.