Posted on 2017-11-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Henry Owens and John Hutton | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 380 | ISBN: 145968799X | ISBN13: 9781459687998 |
Description: Henry Owens Great War diary provides a vivid and complete narrative, seen from the perspective of an army doctor, of what it was like to live and fight in the trenches of the Western Front. Owens, a member of the original British expeditionary Force, the 'Old Contemptibles', was among the first British soldiers to set foot in France. He spent the next four years in the front line as a doctor and a diarist, an eyewitness to some of the most bitter and violent struggles of the greatest conflict the world had ever seen. His writing, edited and with a full introduction by John Hutton, gives us an inside view of the duties and experiences of a doctor tending the fighting troops, and it paints a graphic portrait of the daily lives of the men themselves. Henry Owens was born into a doctor's family in Long Stratton, Norfolk in 1889. When war was declared in 1914 he joined the Royal Army Medical Corps and was sent to France with the British Expeditionary Force. He served as a front - line medical officer throughout the conflict and he kept a diary and notes. After the war he used this material to assemble this meticulous account of his experiences. After being demobilized in 1919 he returned to civilian medical practice and married, but he died after a sudden illness in 1921, aged just 31. After the death of his wife in 1980, the diary came into the possession of the Imperial War Museum.
A Doctor On The Western Front: The Diary Of Henry Owens 1914-1918.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33217
- 2018-01-17[PDF] War Against War: The American Fight for Peace, 1914-1918
- 2017-11-30[PDF] War and Faith: the Catholic Church in Slovenia, 1914-1918
- 2012-06-09Luftwaffe Aces of the Western Front (Luftwaffe at War 19)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] From Colonial Warrior to Western Front Flyer: The Five Wars of Sydney Herbert Bywater
- 2017-12-17[PDF] A Doctor in The Great War: Unseen Photographs of Life in the Trenches
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Surviving Doctor Vincent (The Good Doctor Trilogy) (Volume 2)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Traffic Doctor: Master The Art of Generating Traffic
- 2012-06-07Western Front: SS Secret Archives
- 2012-05-20Spad XIII vs Fokker D VII: Western Front 1918 (Osprey Duel 17) - Removed
- 2019-07-08!(Review) - Why You Should Read African Kaiser: General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Great War in Africa, 1914-1918 by Robert Gaudi Online or Download [PDF EPUB MOBI]
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Total Wars and the Making of Modern Ukraine, 1914-1954
- 2018-01-21[PDF] African Kaiser: General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck and the Great War in Africa, 1914-1918
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Ride, Red, Ride: The Life of Henry 'Red' Allen (Bayou)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Culture at Twilight: The National German-American Alliance, 1901-1918 (New German-American Studies / Neue Deutsch-Amerikanische Studien) [German]
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Rebel at Large: The Diary of Confederate Deserter Philip Van Buskirk
- 2017-11-13[PDF] The German Airforce I Knew 1914-1918
- 2017-10-27[PDF] English Fiction and the Evolution of Language, 1850-1914 (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Forever and Forever: The Courtship of Henry Longfellow and Fanny Appleton (Historical Proper Romance)
- 2017-04-07[PDF] The Great War at Sea: 1914 - 1918
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.