Posted on 2017-10-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jonathan Flatley | Publisher: Harvard University Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0674030788 | ISBN13: 9780674030787 |
Description: The surprising claim of this book is that dwelling on loss is not necessarily depressing. Instead, Jonathan Flatley argues, embracing melancholy can be a road back to contact with others and can lead people to productively remap their relationship to the world around them. The texts at the center of Flatleys analysisHenry Jamess Turn of the Screw, W. E. B. Du Boiss The Souls of Black Folk, and Andrei Platonovs Chevengurshare with Freud an interest in understanding the depressing effects of difficult losses and with Walter Benjamin the hope that loss itself could become a means of connection and the basis for social transformation.
Affective Mapping: Melancholia and the Politics of Modernism.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32059
- 2011-06-29Affective Mapping: Melancholia and the Politics of Modernism
- 2010-09-01Jonathan Flatley - Affective Mapping: Melancholia and the Politics of Modernism
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Feminist Aesthetics and the Politics of Modernism (Columbia Themes in Philosophy, Social Criticism, and the Arts)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Broken English: Dialects and the Politics of Language in Renaissance Writings
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Why Mars: NASA and the Politics of Space Exploration (New Series in NASA History) - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Hegel: Religion, Economics, and the Politics of Spirit, 1770-1807 (Ideas in Context)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Broken Harmony: Shakespeare and the Politics of Music
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Security Theology, Surveillance and the Politics of Fear
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Feeling Backward: Loss and the Politics of Queer History
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Israel's Holocaust and the Politics of Nationhood (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Purifying Empire: Obscenity and the Politics of Moral Regulation in Britain, India and Australia
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Saving Face: Disfigurement and the Politics of Appearance
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Exhausting Dance: Performance and the Politics of Movement
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Modernist Fiction, Cosmopolitanism and the Politics of Community
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Biological Economies: Experimentation and the politics of agri-food frontiers (Routledge Studies in Food, Society and the Environment)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Fashioning Africa: Power and the Politics of Dress (African Expressive Cultures)
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Manuscript Verse Collectors and the Politics of Anti-Courtly Love Poetry
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Poor States, Power and the Politics of IMF Reform: Drivers of Change in the Post Washington Consensus (International Political Economy Series) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.