[PDF] Affects As Process: An Inquiry into the Centrality of Affect in Psychological Life (Psychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series)
Posted on 2017-10-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joseph M. Jones | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 292 | ISBN: 0881631256 | ISBN13: 9780881631258 |
Description: In this readable meditation on the nature of emotional experience, Joseph Jones takes the reader on a fascinating walking-tour of current research findings bearing on emotional development. Beginning with a nuanced reappraisal of Freud's philosophical premises, he argues that Freud's reliance on "primary process" as the means of linking body and mind inadvertantly stripped affects of their process role. Further, the resulting emphasis on fantasy left the problem of conceptualizing the mental life of the prerepresentational infant in a theoretical limbo. Affects as Process offers an elegantly simple way out of this impasse. Drawing in the literatures of child development, ethology, and neuroscience, Jones argues that, in their simplest form, affects are best understood as the presymbolic representatives and governors of motivational systems. So conceptualized, affects, and not primary process, constitute the initial processing system of the prerepresentational infant. It then becomes possible to re-vision early development as the sequential maturation of different motivational systems, each governed by a specific presymbolic affect. More complex emotional states, which emerge when the toddler begins to think symbolically, represent the integration of motivational systems and thought as maturation plunges the child into a world of loves and hates that cannot be escaped simply through behavior. Jones' reappraisal of emotional development in early childhood and beyond clarifies the strengths and weaknesses of such traditional concepts as infantile sexuality, object relations, internalization, splitting, and the emergence of the dynamic unconscious. The surprising terminus of his excursion, moreover, is the novel perspective on the self as an emergent phenomenon reflecting the integration of affective and symbolic processing systems.
Affects As Process: An Inquiry into the Centrality of Affect in Psychological Life (Psychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32990
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Power Tools for Women: Plugging into the Essential Skills for Work and Life
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Language and Religion: A Journey into the Human Mind
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Contemporary Latin American Cinema: Breaking into the Global Market
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Resurgent Resource Nationalism: A Study into the Global Phenomenon (Research Report)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Future Trends in Microelectronics: Journey into the Unknown
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Baby Birds: An Artist Looks into the Nest
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Hitler's Charisma: Leading Millions into the Abyss
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Tibetan Sacred Dance: A Journey into the Religious and Folk Traditions
- 2018-01-04[PDF] On Integrating Unmanned Aircraft Systems into the National Airspace System: Issues, Challenges, Operational Restrictions, Certification, and ... and Automation: Science and Engineering) - Removed
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Metaphor and Fields: Common Ground, Common Language, and the Future of Psychoanalysis (Psychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Scratching the Surface of Bioethics (Value Inquiry Book Series)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Another Global City: Historical Explorations into the Transnational Municipal Moment, 1850-2000 - Removed
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Heirs to Forgotten Kingdoms: Journeys Into the Disappearing Religions of the Middle East
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Space Shuttle Challenger: Ten Journeys into the Unknown (Springer Praxis Books / Space Exploration) - Removed
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Creative Analysis: Art, creativity and clinical process (Psychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Peripheral Neuropathy: A New Insight into the Mechanism, Evaluation and Management of a Complex Disorder
- 2017-12-09[PDF] A Zeptospace Odyssey: A Journey into the Physics of the LHC
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Sensuality and Sexuality Across the Divide of Shame (Psychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Budapest School of Psychoanalysis: The Origin of a Two-Person Psychology and Emphatic Perspective (Psychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.