Posted on 2018-01-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ronald L. Barrett | Publisher: University of California Press | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 0520252187 | ISBN13: 9780520252189 |
Description: For centuries, the Aghori have been known as the most radical ascetics in India: living naked on the cremation grounds, meditating on corpses, engaging in cannibalism and coprophagy, and consuming intoxicants out of human skulls. In recent years, however, they have shifted their practices from the embrace of ritually polluted substances to the healing of stigmatized diseases. In the process, they have become a large, socially mainstream, and politically powerful organization. Based on extensive fieldwork, this lucidly written book explores the dynamics of pollution, death, and healing in Aghor medicine. Ron Barrett examines a range of Aghor therapies from ritual bathing to modified Ayurveda and biomedicines and clarifies many misconceptions about this little-studied group and its highly unorthodox, powerful ideas about illness and healing.
Aghor Medicine: Pollution, Death, and Healing in Northern India.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35149
- 2019-01-24Aghor Medicine Pollution, Death, and Healing in Northern India
- 2019-01-07Aghor Medicine Pollution, Death, and Healing in Northern India
- 2013-09-19Aghor Medicine: Pollution, Death, and Healing in Northern India
- 2020-04-22Early Tantric Medicine: Snakebite, Mantras, and Healing in the Garuda Tantras
- 2018-11-14Children Also Grieve Talking about Death and Healing
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Attachment Parenting: Developing Connections and Healing Children
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Family Medicine: Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Fifth Edition
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Fallen Bodies: Pollution, Sexuality, and Demonology in the Middle Ages (The Middle Ages Series)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Canine Medicine: Recent Topics and Advanced Research
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Hospital Medicine: Perspectives, Practices and Professional Development
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Handbook of Culture, Therapy, and Healing
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Alternative Medicine: Perceptions, Uses and Benefits and Clinical Implications (Alternative, Medicine, Health and Wellness)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Truth about Death and Dying (Truth about (Facts on File))
- 2018-01-06[PDF] SHADE IT BLACK: Death and After in Iraq
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Nuclear Medicine Therapy: Principles and Clinical Applications
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Transfusion Medicine: Case Studies and Clinical Management
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Handbook of Adolescent Death and Bereavement
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Perioperative Medicine: Medical Consultation and Co-management (Hospital Medicine: Current Concepts, Vol. 4)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Shelter Medicine for Veterinarians and Staff
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.