Posted on 2018-01-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert M. Carmack | Publisher: AltaMira Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 406 | ISBN: 0759123896 | ISBN13: 9780759123892 |
Description: Anthropology and Global History explains the origin and development of human societies and cultures from their earliest beginnings to the presentutilizing an anthropological lens but also drawing from sociology, economics, political science, history, and ecological and religious studies. Carmack reconceptualizes world history from a global perspective by employing the expansive concepts of world-systems and civilizations, and by paying deeper attention to the role of tribal and native peoples within this history. Rather than concentrating on the minute details of specific great events in global history, he shifts our focus to the broad social and cultural contexts in which they occurred. Carmack traces the emergence of ancient kingdoms and the characteristics of pre-modern empires as well as the processes by which the modern world has become integrated and transformed. The book addresses Western civilization as well as comparative processes which have unfolded in Asia, the Middle East, Latin America, and sub-Saharan Africa. Vignettes opening each chapter and case studies integrated throughout the text illustrate the numerous and often extremely complex historical processes which have operated through time and across local, regional, and global settings.
Anthropology and Global History: From Tribes to the Modern World-System.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35200
- 2016-12-11Anthropology and Global History From Tribes to the Modern World-System
- 2012-03-16Milk: A Local and Global History By Deborah Valenze
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Lucy's Bones, Sacred Stones, & Einstein's Brain: The Remarkable Stories Behind the Great Objects and Artifacts of History, from Antiquity to the Modern Era (Henry Holt Reference Book)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Egalitarianism and Global Justice: From a Relational Perspective - Removed
- 2017-10-27[PDF] A Global History: From Prehistory to the Present
- 2017-01-07[PDF] A Global History: From Prehistory to the Present
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Painting and Wallpapering Secrets from Brian Santos, The Wall Wizard
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Global Governance and Financial Crises (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Light: A Radiant History from Creation to the Quantum Age
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Global Governance and Financial Crises (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Deinstitutionalisation and After: Post-War Psychiatry in the Western World (Mental Health in Historical Perspective) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Modern World-System I: Capitalist Agriculture and the Origins of the European World-Economy in the Sixteenth Century
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Modern World-System II: Mercantilism and the Consolidation of the European World-Economy, 1600-1750
- 2018-01-14[PDF] A History of Europe in the Modern World
- 2017-12-03Conventional and Unconventional War: A History of Conflict in the Modern World
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Montesquieu and England: Enlightened Exchanges 1689-1755 (The Enlightenment World)
- 2017-04-03[PDF] Shot and a Ghost: A Year in the Brutal World of Professional Squash
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Modern World-System IV: Centrist Liberalism Triumphant, 1789-1914
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Modern World-System III: The Second Era of Great Expansion of the Capitalist World-Economy, 1730s-1840s
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.