Posted on 2017-10-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Graca Soveral and Soren Nielsen | Publisher: CRC Press | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 356 | ISBN: 1498707831 | ISBN13: 9781498707831 |
Description: Since the discovery of Aquaporin-1 (AQP1) as a water channel, many studies have revealed the importance of aquaporins in mammalian physiology and pathophysiology as well as plant and microbial biology. The studies have also shown aquaporins as potential drug targets and targets for improving crop properties. Written by an international group of contributors at the forefront of the field, Aquaporins in Health and Disease: New Molecular Targets for Drug Discovery presents the latest research advances in aquaporins and other major intrinsic protein (MIP) channels. The first section of the book describes the general concepts of aquaporin channel function, genomic research, structure-function analysis of aquaporins and glycerol facilitators, and regulation by gating and trafficking, including yeast aquaporin regulation and function. The second section discusses the physiological and pathophysiological roles of aquaporins in humans and microbes. The final section covers the development of inhibitors of aquaporin function. The books epilogue offers future perspectives and directions, mainly in the area of aquaporin-based diagnostics and therapeutics. Stimulating future research on this important protein family, this book facilitates a paradigm shift in the understanding and roles of aquaporin membrane proteins in all biological settings. It encourages scientists to develop novel approaches for the treatment of human diseases based on aquaporin function or dysfunction.
Aquaporins in Health and Disease: New Molecular Targets for Drug Discovery.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32677
- 2019-01-24Transmitters and Modulators in Health and Disease New Frontiers in Neuroscience - Removed
- 2019-01-10Transmitters and Modulators in Health and Disease New Frontiers in Neuroscience
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Enigmas of Health and Disease: How Epidemiology Helps Unravel Scientific Mysteries
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Mitochondria in Health and Disease (Oxidative Stress and Disease)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Epigenetics in Health and Disease
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Infectious Diseases (Health and Disease in Society)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Anthocyanins in Health and Disease
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Vitreous: in Health and Disease
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Phospholipases in Health and Disease - Removed
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Nutraceuticals in Health and Disease Prevention (Oxidative Stress and Disease)
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Transcriptomics in Health and Disease
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Evolution in Health and Disease
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Microglia in Health and Disease
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Coffee in Health and Disease Prevention
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Antioxidants in Health and Disease
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Immunoendocrinology in Health and Disease
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Soy in Health and Disease Prevention (Nutrition and Disease Prevention)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Resveratrol in Health and Disease (Oxidative Stress and Disease)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Stress in Health and Disease
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.