Posted on 2018-01-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Benjamin W. Roberts (Editor), Christopher Thornton | Publisher: Springer | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 868 | ISBN: 1461490162 | ISBN13: 9781461490166 |
Description: The study of ancient metals in their social and cultural contexts has been a topic of considerable interest in archaeology and ancient history for decades, partly due to the modern dependence on technology and man-made materials. The formal study of Archaeometallurgy began in the 1970s-1980s, and has seen a recent growth in techniques, data, and theoretical movements. This comprehensive sourcebook on Archaeometallurgy provides an overview of earlier research as well as a review of modern techniques, written in an approachable way. Covering an extensive range of archaeological time-periods and regions, this volume will be a valuable resource for those studying archaeology worldwide. It provides a clear, straightforward look at the available methodologies, including: Smelting processes Slag analysis Technical Ceramics Archaeology of Mining and Field Survey Ethnoarchaeology Chemical Analysis and Provenance Studies Conservation Studies With chapters focused on most geographic regions of Archaeometallurgical inquiry, researchers will find practical applications for metallurgical techniques in any area of their study. Ben Roberts is a specialist in the early metallurgy and later prehistoric archaeology of Europe. He was the Curator of the European Copper and Bronze Age collections at the British Museum between 2007 and 2012 and is now a Lecturer in Prehistoric Europe in the Department of Archaeology at the Durham University, UK. Chris Thornton is a specialist in the ancient metallurgy of the Middle East, combining anthropological theory with archaeometrical analysis to understand the development and diffusion of metallurgical technologies throughout Eurasia. He is currently a Consulting Scholar of the University of Pennsylvania Museum, where he received his PhD in 2009, and the Lead Program Officer of research grants at the National Geographic Society.
Archaeometallurgy in Global Perspective: Methods and Syntheses.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34918
- 2014-02-14Archaeometallurgy in Global Perspective: Methods and Syntheses
- 2012-01-12U.S. and International Perspectives on Global Science Policy and Science Diplomacy
- 2012-01-04Analytical Methods and Approaches for Water Resources Project Planning
- 2020-01-06Stochastic Global Optimization Methods and Applications to Chemical, Biochemical, Pharmaceutical and Environmental Processes
- 2018-04-25Civil Disobedience in Global Perspective Decency and Dissent over Borders, Inequities, and Government Secrecy
- 2018-01-31[PDF] An Introduction to Statistical Methods and Data Analysis
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Social Science Research: Principles, Methods, and Practices
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Zinc Deficiency: Etiology, Screening Methods and Health Implications (Nutrition and Diet Research Progress)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Histochemistry of Single Molecules: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Progress in Spatial Analysis: Methods and Applications (Advances in Spatial Science) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Transcendental Inquiry: Its History, Methods and Critiques
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Plant Pattern Recognition Receptors: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Nanoparticles in Humans: Experiments, Methods, and Strategies
- 2018-01-24[PDF] E. coli: Shiga Toxin Methods and Protocols (Humana Methods in Molecular Medicine)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Designing Software-Intensive Systems: Methods and Principles
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Lead Generation, Volume 68: Methods and Strategies (Methods and Principles in Medicinal Chemistry)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Brain-Computer Interfaces 1: Methods and Perspectives (Cognitive Science)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Materials Characterisation IV: Computational Methods and Experiments (Wit Transactions on Engineering Sciences)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Advances in Time Series Methods and Applications: The A. Ian McLeod Festschrift (Fields Institute Communications)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.