[PDF] Armed Forces and Conflict Resolution (Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace, Economics and Development)
Posted on 2017-12-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: G. Caforio & G. Kummel | Publisher: Emerald Group Publishing Ltd | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 200 | ISBN: 1848551223 | ISBN13: 9781848551220 |
Description: The study of armed forces and conflict resolution has undergone important developments at the turn of the millennium, driven by emerging events. The fall of the Berlin Wall, the end of the Cold War, the resurgence of nationalism and religious wars, ethnic cleansing, September Eleven, the War on Terror, and asymmetric warfare, the United Nations' inability to manage and successfully conclude military operations, are so many flash points of how much things have changed since the Cold War. The action of militaries has become more important, more difficult, more controversial, and, at the same time, insufficient, without parallel methods and political actions for resolving conflicts.As scholars conceptions of conflicts have changed, so have their understanding of conflict resolution and peace. This latter scholarship now spans analyses of the role of governments, civil institutions, and organized groups. The studies of building and sustaining peace now span institutional, inter-actional, and interpersonal levels in order to conceptualize a more holistic, long-term vision of peace.This book brings together contributions from scholars of various social science disciplines on three themes that appeared significant for the study of the phenomenon of conflict and conflict resolution. The first theme is centered on the new aspects of war in the twenty-first century where asymmetric warfare has changed many rules of the game, imposing a profound transformation on the military, not only tactical, but also structural, preparatory, mental and ideological.The second theme regards the delicate relations between the armed forces and societies. The ever-greater technicality of military operations and their lower comprehensibility to the broad public as a result, together with increased sensitivity in many countries in regard to the use of violence and death, have created social situations and problems that deserve to be investigated. The third theme, building and sustaining peace, operationalizes different types and levels of violence and conflict. It assesses ongoing efforts, for instance, governments trying to contain or diffuse conflict, businesses and national service schemes building peaceful civil spheres, and the efforts of organized groups to claim, shape, and extend the spheres of life that are free of conflict.
Armed Forces and Conflict Resolution (Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace, Economics and Development).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34673
- 2022-08-10Disarmament, Peace and Development (Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace Economics and Development)
- 2010-11-26Conflict, Complexity and Mathematical Social Science (Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace Economics and Development)
- 2010-03-24Eurasia: A New Peace Agenda, Volume 1 (Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace Economics and Development)
- 2010-01-07War, Peace, and Security (Contributions to Conflict Management, Peace Economics and Development)
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2017-10-09[PDF] The Cosmopolitan Military: Armed Forces and Human Security in the 21st Century (New Security Challenges) - Removed
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Armed Forces: Masculinity and Sexuality in the American War Film
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Too Serious a Business: European Armed Forces and the Approach to the Second World War
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Too Serious a Business: European Armed Forces and the Approach to the Second World War
- 2012-05-20American Indians in the U.S.Armed Forces 1866-1945 (The G.I.Series #20)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Labor Forces and Landscape Management: Japanese Case Studies - Removed
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Regional Development and Conflict: A Case for Brazil (Conflict Managment, Peace Economics and Development)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Your Forces and How to Use Them
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Interfacial Forces and Fields: Theory and Applications (Surfactant Science)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Cells, Forces, and the Microenvironment
- 2017-11-13[PDF] ARMED FORCES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION 2012-2013, THE
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Special Forces and Missions (New Face of War)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Origins And Development Of The Ottoman Safavid Conflict (906 962/1500 1555)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Public Forces and Private Politics in American Big Business (Business and Public Policy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.