Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joan Aruz | Publisher: The Metropolitan Museum of Art | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 539 | ISBN: 1588390446 | ISBN13: 9781588390448 |
Description: Our civilization is rooted in the forms and innovations of societies that flourished in the distant lands of Western Asia more than six thousand years ago. These earliest societies, established millennia before the Greco-Roman period, extended from Egypt to India. The earliest among them was the region known to the ancients as Mesopotamia, located between the Tigris and the Euphrates Rivers and occupying what is today Iraq, northeastern Syria, and southeastern Turkey. In Mesopotamia arose the first cities, believed by their inhabitants to be the property of the gods, who granted kings the power to bring prosperity to the people. Here urban institutions were invented and evolved. The need to record and manage the distribution and receipt of goods led to the invention of writing, monumental architecture in the form of temples, and palaces were created, and the visual arts flowered in the service of religion and royalty. These extraordinary innovations profoundly affected surrounding areas in Anatolia, Syria-Levant, Iran, and the Gulf, and Mesopotamia was in turn influenced by its neighbors. As Mesopotamia turned to outlying lands for such rare and precious materials as lapis lazuli, carnelian, diorite, gold, silver, and ivory, these regions were linked by networks of trade that encouraged cultural exchange.
Art of the First Cities: The Third Millennium B.C. from the Mediterranean to the Indus.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35854
- 2020-12-14Art of the First Cities The Third Millennium B.C. from the Mediterranean to the Indus
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Art and the Artist in Society
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Art and the Church: A Fractious Embrace: Ecclesiastical Encounters with Contemporary Art
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Art By The Way
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Art of the Classic Car
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Art of the Bow with Francois Rabbath
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Art across the Ages
- 2018-01-06[PDF] ART of the MOOC - Merging Public Art and Experimental Education
- 2018-01-03[PDF] A.G. Stromberg - First Class Scientist, Second Class Citizen: Letters from the Gulag and a History of Electroanalysis in the USSR
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Art in the Blood
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Art of the Slow Cooker: 80 Exciting New Recipes
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Art of the Pie: A Practical Guide to Homemade Crusts, Fillings, and Life
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Art of the Bedchamber: The Chinese Sexual Yoga Classics Including Women's Solo Meditation Texts
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Art in the Age of Technoscience: Genetic Engineering, Robotics, and Artificial Life in Contemporary Art
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Art of the Renaissance
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Art of the Helicopter
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Art, Inc.: The Essential Guide for Building Your Career as an Artist
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Art in the Lives of Immigrant Communities in the United States
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Art Beyond the Lens: Working with Digital Textures
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.