[PDF] Artificial Light: A Narrative Inquiry into the Nature of Abstraction, Immediacy, and Other Architectural Fictions
Posted on 2017-12-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Keith Mitnick | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 152 | ISBN: 1568987498 | ISBN13: 9781568987491 |
Description: Author Keith Mitnick's first glimpse of an architectural drawing came through the underside of a glass kitchen table.Overcome by the sight of blueprints created for an addition to the family's tract house, the young boy spontaneously vomited on his father's shoes. Now an architectural professional and educator, Mitnick finds himself thinking and writing theoretically about moments like these, when architecture makes itself felt, immediately and palpably. Balanced precariously betweenpractice and theory, Mitnick refuses to put contemplation over experiencearchitectural thinking over making. Unconvinced by those who proclaim the death of theory, Mitnick maintains that architectural discourse need not disappear entirely it need only change shape and break free from the tired, post-structuralist narratives with which it has become associated in the past couple of decades. Artificial Light suggests an alternative type of critical theory consisting of personal and fictitious anecdotes, real and fake photographs, and mini-essays that addresses prevalent themes in architecture such as immediacy, affect, abstraction, atmosphere, realness, and banality. With a narrative style reminiscent of other unconventional writers on design such as Paul Shepheard, Roger Connah, and Rebecca Solnit, Artificial Light is the beautifully written and visually engaging debut of a dynamic new voice in the world of architectural criticism.
Artificial Light: A Narrative Inquiry into the Nature of Abstraction, Immediacy, and Other Architectural Fictions.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34534
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Composing Diverse Identities: Narrative Inquiries into the Interwoven Lives of Children and Teachers (Teachers, Teaching and Learning)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Composing Diverse Identities: Narrative Inquiries into the Interwoven Lives of Children and Teachers (Teachers, Teaching and Learning)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Born Free and Equal?: A Philosophical Inquiry into the Nature of Discrimination
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Remembering and Forgetting: A Inquiry into the Nature of Memory
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Inquiry into the Singapore Science Classroom: Research and Practices (Education Innovation Series) - Removed
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Affects As Process: An Inquiry into the Centrality of Affect in Psychological Life (Psychoanalytic Inquiry Book Series)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Children of Monsters: An Inquiry into the Sons and Daughters of Dictators
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Tapestry of Reason: An Inquiry into the Nature of Coherence and its Role in Legal Argument (European Academy of Legal Theory Series)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Born Free and Equal?: A Philosophical Inquiry into the Nature of Discrimination
- 2019-12-20The Theravada Abhidhamma: Inquiry into the Nature of Conditioned Reality - Removed
- 2018-08-13Virtues of the Mind An Inquiry into the Nature of Virtue and the Ethical Foundations of Knowledge
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Power Tools for Women: Plugging into the Essential Skills for Work and Life
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Purposely Profitable: Embedding Sustainability into the DNA of Food Processing and other Businesses
- 2014-01-03Remembering and Forgetting: An Inquiry into the Nature of Memory
- 2013-12-27Remembering and Forgetting: An Inquiry Into The Nature of Memory
- 2013-12-24Remembering and Forgetting: A Inquiry into the Nature of Memory
- 2013-09-30Brave New Mind: A Thoughtful Inquiry into the Nature and Meaning of Mental Life (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.