[PDF] Banking on Equality: Women, work and employment in the banking sector in India (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy)
Posted on 2017-11-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Supriti Bezbaruah | Category: Finances and Money | Language: English | Page: 216 | ISBN: 1138778338 | ISBN13: 9781138778337 |
Description: It may well be surprising to say that the world should look to India as a model of gender equality. Indiaâ€™s banking sector proves the exception, with several women reaching the highest positions in Indiaâ€™s top banks, including the countryâ€™s largest bank. Based on interviews and surveys of bank employees in Indiaâ€™s National Capital Region, this book looks at what lies behind the media rhetoric and provides a systematic analysis of patterns of, and responses to, gender inequality in the banking sector in India. The book uncovers how gender discrimination still persists in the banking sector, albeit in covert forms. Through a comparison of nationalized, Indian private and foreign banks, the book demonstrates how the impact of laws, local cultural norms and gendered workplace practices are mediated through different organizational forms in these different types of banks to create varied experiences of gender inequality. The book is one of the first books to provide a thorough, in-depth analysis of womenâ€™s employment in the Indian banking sector, currently an under-researched area.
Banking on Equality: Women, work and employment in the banking sector in India (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33244
- 2014-05-04International Business: Theory and Practice to Themes and Issues in the Modern World Economy (repost)
- 2009-01-28International Business: Theory and Practice to Themes and Issues in the Modern World Economy
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Between Worlds: Deaf Women, Work and Intersections of Gender and Ability (New Approaches in Sociology)
- 2019-11-30Women, Work and Colonialism in the Netherlands and Java: Comparisons, Contrasts, and Connections, 1830–1940 (Palgrave Studies in Economic History)
- 2018-10-29Black Women, Work, and Welfare in the Age of Globalization
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Women, Resistance and Revolution: A History Of Women And Revolution In The Modern World (Radical Thinkers)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Street Corner Secrets: Sex, Work, and Migration in the City of Mumbai
- 2017-07-28Downwardly Global: Women, Work, and Citizenship in the Pakistani Diaspora
- 2018-11-28Women, Resistance and Revolution A History Of Women And Revolution In The Modern World
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Shrines and Pilgrimage in the Modern World: New Itineraries into the Sacred
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Multilateralism and Regionalism in Global Economic Governance: Trade, Investment and Finance (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Catholicism in Modern Italy: Religion, Society and Politics since 1861 (Christianity and Society in the Modern World)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Decision Making and Rationality in the Modern World (Fundamentals in Cognition)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Miraculous Growth and Stagnation in Post-War Japan (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] On Depression: Drugs, Diagnosis, and Despair in the Modern World
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Crises of Global Economies and the Future of Capitalism: Reviving Marxian Crisis Theory (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] The Cash Nexus: Money and Power in the Modern World, 1700-2000
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Birthright: People and Nature in the Modern World
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Cultures of the Abdomen: Diet, Digestion, and Fat in the Modern World - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.