Posted on 2018-01-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Michiko Suzuki | Publisher: Stanford University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 0804761981 | ISBN13: 9780804761987 |
Description: Presenting a fresh examination of women writers and prewar ideology, this book breaks new ground in its investigation of love as a critical aspect of Japanese culture during the early to mid-twentieth century. As a literary and cultural history of love and female identity, Becoming Modern Women focuses on same-sex love, love marriage, and maternal loveâ€”new terms at that time in doing so, it shows how the idea of "woman," within the context of a vibrant print culture, was constructed through the modern experience of love. Author Michiko Suzuki's work complements current scholarship on female identities such as "Modern Girl" and "New Woman," and interprets women's fiction in conjunction with nonfiction from a range of mediaâ€”early feminist writing, sexology books, newspapers, bestselling love treatises, native ethnology, and historiography. While illuminating the ways in which women used and challenged ideas about love, Suzuki explores the historical and ideological shifts of the period, underscoring the broader connections between gender, modernity, and nationhood.
Becoming Modern Women: Love and Female Identity in Prewar Japanese Literature and Culture.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35482
- 2019-01-31Becoming Modern Women Love and Female Identity in Prewar Japanese Literature and Culture
- 2019-01-15Becoming Modern Women Love and Female Identity in Prewar Japanese Literature and Culture
- 2012-11-30Becoming Modern Women: Love and Female Identity in Prewar Japanese Literature and Culture
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Erotic Coleridge: Women, Love and the Law Against Divorce - Removed
- 2011-10-11College of Chinese Language and Culture, ' (Mandarin Chinese Language), Book 1
- 2022-07-16Love And Redemption S2
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Early Modern Women's Writing: Domesticity, Privacy, and the Public Sphere in England and the Dutch Republic (Early Modern Literature in History) - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Understanding Doulas and Childbirth: Women, Love, and Advocacy - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Becoming Criminal: Transversal Performance and Cultural Dissidence in Early Modern England - Removed
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Becoming American?: The Art and Identity Crisis of Yasuo Kuniyoshi
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Becoming Ottomans: Sephardi Jews and Imperial Citizenship in the Modern Era
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Becoming Ottomans: Sephardi Jews and Imperial Citizenship in the Modern Era
- 2020-06-24Islam and Colonialism: Becoming Modern in Indonesia and Malaya
- 2020-05-01Understanding Doulas and Childbirth: Women, Love, and Advocacy
- 2018-11-23Erotic Coleridge Women, Love, and the Law Against Divorce
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Alley of Love and Yellow Jasmines
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Early Modern Tragedy, Gender and Performance, 1984-2000: The Destined Livery - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Becoming the Tupamaros: Solidarity and Transnational Revolutionaries in Uruguay and the United States
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Maya Market Women: Power and Tradition in San Juan Chamelco, Guatemala (Interp Culture New Millennium)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.