Posted on 2017-10-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Rosalind James, Theresa L. Pitt | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 0195316959 | ISBN13: 9780195316957 |
Description: For many agricultural crops, bees play a vital role as pollinators, and this book discusses the interplay among bees, agriculture and the environment. Although honey bees are well recognized as pollinators, managed bumble bees and solitary bees are also critical for the successful pollination of certain crops, while wild bees provide a free service. As bees liberally pass pollen from one plant to the next, they also impact the broader ecosystem, and not always to the benefit of humankind. Bees can enhance the unintentional spread of genes from genetically engineered plants, and may increase the spread of invasive weeds. Conversely, genetically engineered plants can impact pollinators, and invasive weeds can supply new sources of food for these insects. Bees' flower-visiting activities also can be exploited to help spread biological control agents that control crop pests, and they are important for native plant reproduction. Managing bees for pollination is complex and factors that must take into consideration are treated here including bee natural history, physiology, pathology, and behavior. Furthermore, transporting bees from native ranges to new areas for pollination services can be controversial, and needs to be done only after assuring that it will not disrupt various ecosystems. Even though bees are small, unobtrusive creatures, they play large roles in the ecosystem. The connection between bees and humankind also is symbolic of a broader interconnection between humans and the natural world.
Bee Pollination in Agricultural Ecosystems.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32133
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Bee Pollination in Agricultural Ecosystems
- 2008-12-06Bee Pollination in Agricultural Ecosystems
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Invertebrate Conservation and Agricultural Ecosystems (Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation)
- 2018-07-22Carbon Sequestration in Agricultural Ecosystems
- 2018-03-24Managing Biodiversity in Agricultural Ecosystems
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Analysis of Temperate Forest Ecosystems (Ecological Studies)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] African Biodiversity: Molecules, Organisms, Ecosystems
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Acidic Deposition and Aquatic Ecosystems: Regional Case Studies
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Bioactive Compounds in Agricultural Soils
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Digital-Tutors - Creative Development: EcoSystems in Vue - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Bee Products: Properties, Applications, and Apitherapy
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Bee (Animal)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Network Economics of Marine Ecosystems and their Exploitation
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Digital Urban Acupuncture: Human Ecosystems and the Life of Cities in the Age of Communication, Information and Knowledge - Removed
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Bee Time: Lessons from the Hive
- 2017-12-17[PDF] A Textbook of Agricultural Entomology
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Why Life Matters: Fifty Ecosystems of the Heart and Mind
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Bee Keeping: A Novices Guide
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Bee Gees Anthology
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.