[PDF] Biblical Commentaries from the Canterbury School of Theodore and Hadrian (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England)
Posted on 2017-12-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bernhard Bischoff, Michael Lapidge | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 628 | ISBN: 0521330890 | ISBN13: 9780521330893 |
Description: This volume includes the first edition of a previously unknown text that throws new light on the intellectual history of early medieval Europe. The Biblical commentaries represent the teaching of two gifted Greek scholars who came to England from the Byzantine East: Theodore, Archbishop of Canterbury and his colleague Hadrian. They taught the Bible to a group of Anglo-Saxon scholars, who recorded their teaching. The resulting commentaries constitute the high point of Biblical scholarship between late antiquity and the Renaissance. The edition is introduced by substantial chapters on the intellectual background of the texts and their manuscript sources. The Latin texts themselves are accompanied by facing English translations and extensive notes.
Biblical Commentaries from the Canterbury School of Theodore and Hadrian (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34716
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Aelfric and the Cult of Saints in Late Anglo-Saxon England (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Justice in America: The Separate Realities of Blacks and Whites (Cambridge Studies in Public Opinion and Political Psychology)
- 2011-07-09The Intellectual Foundations of the English Benedictine Reform (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England) (English and English Edition)
- 2009-11-09Aelfric and the Cult of Saints in Late Anglo-Saxon England (Cambridge Studies in Anglo-Saxon England)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Looking Through a Glass Bible: Postdisciplinary Biblical Interpretations from the Glasgow School
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Inclusive Policing from the Inside Out (Advanced Sciences and Technologies for Security Applications)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Selected Themes from the Motion Picture Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Piano Solos
- 2017-11-29[PDF] A Bolt From the Blue: Coping with Disasters and Acute Traumas
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Puccini Problem: Opera, Nationalism, and Modernity (Cambridge Studies in Opera)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Gender Across Languages: The Linguistic Representation of Women and Men (IMPACT: Studies in Language and Society
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Participation of States in International Organisations: The Role of Human Rights and Democracy (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The Background of Ecology: Concept and Theory (Cambridge Studies in Ecology)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Gender Hierarchy in the Qur'an: Medieval Interpretations, Modern Responses (Cambridge Studies in Islamic Civilization)
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Time and the Moment in Victorian Literature and Society (Cambridge Studies in Nineteenth-Century Literature and Culture)
- 2021-03-02The Convert Kings: Power and Religious Affiliation in Early Anglo Saxon England
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Developmental Contexts in Middle Childhood: Bridges to Adolescence and Adulthood (Cambridge Studies in Social and Emotional Development)
- 2011-10-10The Puccini Problem: Opera, Nationalism, and Modernity (Cambridge Studies in Opera)
- 2011-06-24The Participation of States in International Organisations: The Role of Human Rights and Democracy (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2010-06-29Three Russian Writers and the Irrational: Zamyatin, Pil'nyak, and Bulgakov (Cambridge Studies in Russian Literature)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.