Posted on 2017-12-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Samuel W., Jr. Mitcham | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 322 | ISBN: 184884302X | ISBN13: 9781848843028 |
Description: In 1939, the Germans stormed into Poland, shocking the world with the speed, the destructiveness, the seeming invincibility of their blitzkrieg. By 1943, the tide had started to turn. Successes still came, but these were increasingly eclipsed by defeats and retreats, setbacks and surrenders. In Blitzkrieg No Longer, Samuel W. Mitcham, Jr., offers a riveting glimpse inside the Third Reich's war machine during the pivotal year of 1943.The year began well enough for Hitler and his armed forces, with the brilliant Erich von Manstein orchestrating an almost miraculous regrouping after the disaster at Stalingrad. The Wehrmacht lived to fight another day--indeed, another two years--but growing Allied strength and experience combined with German shortages in men and materiel to stymie Germany's advances on all fronts.In the Mediterranean, Erwin Rommel's earlier gains in North Africa were erased by the surrender of Tunisia in May. Two months later, the Allies landed in Sicily, initiating a five-week battle that ousted the Germans from the island, although some 60,000 men escaped to Italy, which the Allies invaded in September. German troops there were entrenched and fought tenaciously in a campaign that would last until 1945.On the Eastern Front, the barbarous warfare of 1941 and 1942 continued unabated--only now the Soviets often had the upper hand, both in numbers and, more and more, in operational ingenuity. Even Manstein could not produce a victory at Kursk, where Soviet T-34s beat German Tigers and Panthers in the largest armour battle in history. Kursk would mark the beginning of Nazi Germany's long and bloody retreat in the East.The Third Reich's defeats were not limited to the ground. At sea, the Allies neutralized the U-boat threat, and in the air, they dominated the 'Luftwaffe' and took the war to the German home front.The war would drag on for two more brutal years, but the end was now in sight. No longer could the Germans mount their feared blitzkrieg no longer could they win the war. Mitcham chronicles this turning-point year with insight and drama.
Blitzkreig No Longer: The German Wehrmacht in Battle, 1943.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33995
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Captured Tanks Under the German Flag: Russian Battle Tanks
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Hitler's Legions: The German Army Order Battle, World War II
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Eastern Front Combat: The German Soldier in Battle from Stalingrad to Berlin (Stackpole Military History Series)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Soviet Field Artillery in World War II Including Use by the German Wehrmacht: (Schiffer Military History Book)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Captured Weapons and Equipment of the German Wehrmacht 1938-1945
- 2012-06-08Zeppelin! The German Airship Story
- 2012-06-08Armor Battles on the Eastern Front (1) The German High Tide 1941-1942 (Concord 7019)
- 2012-06-08Hitler's Arctic War: The German Campaigns in Norway, Finland, and the USSR 1940-1945
- 2012-06-07The German Army in World War II (Osprey General Military) - Removed
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- 2012-06-03Achtung Panzer: The German Invasion of France and the Low Countries (Concord 7041)
- 2012-06-03September Storm: The German Invasion of Poland (Concord #6510)
- 2011-10-19The German Armored Army
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Existence and Machine: The German Philosophy in the Age of Machines (1870-1960) (SpringerBriefs in Philosophy) [German] - Removed
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Instrument of War: The German Army 1914-18 (General Military) [German]
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Enterprise and Technology: The German and British Steel Industries, 1865-1895
- 2017-12-31[PDF] American Intelligence And The German Resistance: A Documentary History (Widerstand, Dissent and Resistance in the Third Reich)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Fighting to Lose: The German Intelligence Service in the Second World War, 1939-1941 (Secrets of the Second World War)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Hitler's Soldiers: The German Army in the Third Reich
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.