Posted on 2017-11-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Malcolm Fife | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 1781552819 | ISBN13: 9781781552810 |
Description: Numerous books have been written on airships, but few concentrate on their bases and infrastructure to support their operations. British Airship Bases of the Twentieth Century starts with documenting the primitive facilities from which the early machines flew in the years prior to the First World War. The outbreak of the First World War resulted in airships being adopted for military purposes and bases were established across Britain. Most of these were operated by the Royal Naval Air Service for the protection of shipping against U-boats. In the 1920s, an attempt was made by the British Government to build airships for commercial transport. The locations where these giants of the sky were constructed are described as well as the proposed overseas passenger terminals. The latter part of this enthralling and detailed book chronicles the attempt to establish the airship as a means of transport to link together the far flung lands of the British Empire. Reference is also made at attempts to revive the airship in the closing decade of the 20th century and the locations associated with them.
British Airship Bases of the Twentieth Century.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33738
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Sets and Extensions in the Twentieth Century, Volume 6 (Handbook of the History of Logic)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Mathematical Lives: Protagonists of the Twentieth Century From Hilbert to Wiles - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Philosophy of Mathematics in the Twentieth Century: Selected Essays
- 2017-12-26[PDF] War and Remembrance in the Twentieth Century (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] In Europe: Travels Through the Twentieth Century
- 2017-12-07[PDF] War and Revolution: Rethinking the Twentieth Century
- 2017-11-03[PDF] A Short History of the Twentieth Century
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Camera Works: Photography and the Twentieth-Century Word
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Lost treasure ships of the twentieth century
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Christian-Muslim Dialogue in the Twentieth Century - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Feminist Bible Studies in the Twentieth Century: Scholarship and Movement (Bible and Women 9.1)
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Sets and Extensions in the Twentieth Century, Volume 6 (Handbook of the History of Logic)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Christian-Muslim Dialogue in the Twentieth Century - Removed
- 2017-01-17[PDF] In Europe: Travels Through the Twentieth Century
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Camera Works: Photography and the Twentieth-Century Word
- 2017-11-04[PDF] British Spy Fiction and the End of Empire (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- 2022-12-10The British Left and Ireland in the Twentieth Century
- 2022-12-09Verso Books Red List MI5 and British Intellectuals in the Twentieth Century
- 2022-11-19The British Left and Ireland in the Twentieth Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.