Posted on 2017-12-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Elizabeth Green | Category: Education | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 0393081591 | ISBN13: 9780393081596 |
Description: A 2014 New York Times Book Review Notable Book Weâ€™ve all had great teachers who opened new worlds, maybe even changed our lives. What made them so great? Everyone agrees that a great teacher can have an enormous impact. Yet we still don't know what, precisely, makes a teacher great. Is it a matter of natural-born charisma? Or does exceptional teaching require something more? Building a Better Teacher introduces a new generation of educators exploring the intricate science underlying their art. A former principal studies the countryâ€™s star teachers and discovers a set of common techniques that help children pay attention. Two math teachers videotape a year of lessons and develop an approach that has nine-year-olds writing sophisticated mathematical proofs. A former high school teacher works with a top English instructor to pinpoint the key interactions a teacher must foster to initiate a rich classroom discussion. Through their stories, and the hilarious and heartbreaking theater that unfolds in the classroom every day, Elizabeth Green takes us on a journey into the heart of a profession that impacts every child in America. What happens in the classroom of a great teacher? Opening with a moment-by-moment portrait of an everyday math lessonâ€”a drama of urgent decisions and artful maneuversâ€”Building a Better Teacher demonstrates the unexpected complexity of teaching. Green focuses on the questions that really matter: How do we prepare teachers and what should they know before they enter the classroom? How does one get young minds to reason, conjecture, prove, and understand? What are the keys to good discipline? Incorporating new research from cognitive psychologists and education specialists as well as intrepid classroom entrepreneurs, Green provides a new way for parents to judge what their children need in the classroom and considers how to scale good ideas. Ultimately, Green discovers that good teaching is a skill. A skill that can be taught. A provocative and hopeful book, Building a Better Teacher shows that legendary teachers are more than inspiring they are perhaps the greatest craftspeople of all.
Building a Better Teacher: How Teaching Works (and How to Teach It to Everyone).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34293
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Building a Better Teacher: How Teaching Works (and How to Teach It to Everyone)
- 2019-07-17%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read Building a Better Teacher: How Teaching Works (and How to Teach It to Everyone) by Elizabeth Green Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2020-07-13Building a Better Teacher: How Teaching Works (and How to Teach It to Everyone)
- 2018-09-26Building a Better Teacher - How Teaching Works (and How to Teach it to Everyone)
- 2018-07-20Building a Better Teacher - How Teaching Works (and How to Teach it to Everyone)
- 2018-06-15Building a Better Teacher - How Teaching Works (and How to Teach it to Everyone)
- 2018-06-09Building a Better Teacher - How Teaching Works (and How to Teach it to Everyone)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Building School 2.0: How to Create the Schools We Need
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Building with Secondhand Stuff: How to Re-Claim, Re-Vamp, Re-Purpose & Re-Use Salvaged & Leftover Building Materials
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Building American Public Health: Urban Planning, Architecture, and the Quest for Better Health in the United States - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Building a Better Delivery System: A New Engineering/Health Care Partnership
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Building a Better Delivery System: A New Engineering/Health Care Partnership
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Building a Mobile App with AngularJS 1 and Ionic
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Building Open Source Network Security Tools: Components and Techniques
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Building the Chevy LS Engine HP1559: Rebuilding and Performance Modifications
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Three Pillars of Zen: Teaching, Practice, and Enlightenment
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Building a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with TFS and Visual Studio 2015 (2016)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Building Green Places: Careers in Planning, Designing, and Building (Green-Collar Careers)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Monitoring Democracy: When International Election Observation Works, and Why It Often Fails
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.