Posted on 2018-01-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steven Skiena | Category: Statistics | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 0521804264 | ISBN13: 9780521804264 |
Description: Calculated Bets describes a gambling system that works. Steven Skiena, a jai-alai enthusiast and computer scientist, documents how he used computer simulations and modeling techniques to predict the outcome of jai-alai matches and increased his initial stake by 544% in one year. Skiena demonstrates how his jai-alai system functions like a stock trading system, and includes examples of how gambling and mathematics interact in program trading systems, how mathematical models are used in political polling, and what the future holds for Internet gambling. With humor and enthusiasm, Skiena explains computer predictions used in business, sports, and politics, and the difference between correlation and causation. An unusual presentation of how mathematical models are designed, built, and validated, Calculated Bets also includes a list of modeling projects with online data sources. Steven Skiena, Associate Professor of Computer Science at SUNY Stony Brook, is the author of The Algorithm Design Manual (Springer-Verlag, 1997) and the EDUCOM award-winning Computational Discrete Mathematics. He is the recipient of the ONR Young Investigator's Award and the Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching at Stony Brook. His research interests include discrete mathematics and its applications, particularly the design of graph, string, and geometric algorithms.
Calculated Bets: Computers, Gambling, and Mathematical Modeling to Win.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35273
- 2012-11-23Calculated Bets: Computers, Gambling, and Mathematical Modeling to Win
- 2012-11-08Calculated Bets: Computers, Gambling, and Mathematical Modeling to Win (repost)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Multiscale Modeling of Cancer: An Integrated Experimental and Mathematical Modeling Approach
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Understanding LTE with MATLAB: From Mathematical Modeling to Simulation and Prototyping
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Introduction to Process Control: Analysis, Mathematical Modeling, Control and Optimization (Springer Texts in Business and Economics)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Stochastic Control and Mathematical Modeling: Applications in Economics (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Formation, characterization and mathematical modeling of the aerobic granular sludge (Springer Theses)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Theoretical Neuroscience: Computational and Mathematical Modeling of Neural Systems
- 2017-11-11[PDF] A Biologist's Guide to Mathematical Modeling in Ecology and Evolution
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Classical Mechanics: Theory and Mathematical Modeling (Cornerstones)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Computational and Mathematical Modeling in the Social Sciences
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Laser Interaction with Biological Material: Mathematical Modeling (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Theoretical Neuroscience: Computational and Mathematical Modeling of Neural Systems
- 2012-03-20Gene Expression Programming: Mathematical Modeling by an Artificial Intelligence By Candida Ferreira
- 2018-11-07Physical and Mathematical Modeling of Earth and Environment Processes
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Diverse Topics in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics: Lectures by Roman Jackiw (Advanced Series in Mathematical Physics)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The First Computers History and Architectures (History of Computing)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling (5th Edition)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Topics in Algebraic Geometry and Geometric Modeling: Workshop on Algebraic Geometry and Geometric Modeling, July 29-August 2, 2002, Vilnius University, Lithuania (Contemporary Mathematics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.