[PDF] Civil Society and Global Poverty: Hegemony, Inclusivity, Legitimacy (Routledge/Warwick Studies in Globalisation)
Posted on 2017-10-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Clive Gabay | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 0415520657 | ISBN13: 9780415520652 |
Description: The Global Call to Action against Poverty (GCAP) is worlds largest civil society movement fighting against poverty and inequality, incorporating over 100 affiliated country-level coalitions. It has become a significant global actor and its annual days of mobilisation now attract over 175 million people around the world. This book seeks to explore GCAPs power and its embodiment of emancipatory change. It develops a framework that assesses its external power as an actor by exploring how power works in it, and the relationship between the two. Gabay demonstrates that GCAP, and actors like it, may transcend some of the obstructions they face in navigating and proposing alternatives to dominant codes and practices of neo-liberal globalisation. Thematically, the book explores GCAPs constitutive powers along three axes: hegemony, inclusion and legitimacy. It draws on a wide range of social and political theory, including Liberalism, Anarchism and postcolonial theory and featuring case studies on Malawi and India. This book will be of interest to students and scholars of international relations, international development, global governance, social movements and civil society.
Civil Society and Global Poverty: Hegemony, Inclusivity, Legitimacy (Routledge/Warwick Studies in Globalisation).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32786
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Civil Society and Global Poverty: Hegemony, Inclusivity, Legitimacy (Routledge/Warwick Studies in Globalisation)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Civil Society and Global Finance (Routledge Studies in Globalisation)
- 2010-10-16Diana Mitlin, D. Satterthwaite - Empowering Squatter Citizen: Local Government, Civil Society and Urban Poverty Reduction
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Tax Systems and Tax Reforms in Latin America (Routledge International Studies in Money and Banking)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Social Banks and the Future of Sustainable Finance (Routledge International Studies in Money and Banking)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Social Banks and the Future of Sustainable Finance (Routledge International Studies in Money and Banking)
- 2011-10-18The Group of Seven: Finance Ministries, Central Banks and Global Financial Governance (Routledge/Warwick Studies in Globalisation)
- 2009-04-05Non-State Actors and Authority in the Global System (Routledge/Warwick Studies in Globalisation, 1)
- 2010-05-19Microregionalism and Governance in East Asia (Routledge/Warwick Studies in Globalisation)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Partnerships in International Policy-Making: Civil Society and Public Institutions in European and Global Affairs (International Series on Public Policy) - Removed
- 2011-12-29Together for Better Public Services: Partnering with Citizens and Civil Society
- 2011-09-07Together for Better Public Services: Partnering with Citizens and Civil Society
- 2020-05-27The Right of Necessity: Moral Cosmopolitanism and Global Poverty (Off the Fence: Morality, Politics and Society)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Civil Society Regionalization in Southern Africa: The Cases of Trade and HIV/AIDS (The International Political Economy of New Regionalisms Series)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Islam, Civil Society and Social Work: Muslim Voluntary Welfare Associations in Jordan between Patronage and Empowerment (ISIM Dissertations)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] (Un) Civil Society and Political Change in Indonesia: A Contested Arena (Routledge Studies on Civil Society in Asia)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Post-Communist Civil Society and the Soviet Legacy: Challenges of Democratisation and Reform in the Caucasus - Removed
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Globalizing Civic Engagement: Civil Society and Transnational Action
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Protest and Possibilities: Civil Society and Coalitions for Political Change in Malaysia (Contemporary Issues in Asia and Pacific)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.