[PDF] Common Places: The Poetics of African Atlantic Postromantics. (Textxet: Studies in Comparative Literature)
Posted on 2017-10-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Seanna Sumalee Oakley | Publisher: Rodopi | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 326 | ISBN: 9042034084 | ISBN13: 9789042034082 |
Description: While a great deal of postcolonial criticism has examined how the processes of hybridity, mestizaje, creolization, and syncretism impact African diasporic literature, Oakley employs the heuristic of the "commonplace" to recast our sense of the politics of such literature. Her analysis of commonplace poetics reveals that postcolonial poetic and political moods and aspirations are far more complex than has been admitted. African Atlantic writers summon the utopian potential of Romanticism, which had been stricken by Anglo-European exclusiveness and racial entitlement, and project it as an attainable, differentially common future. Putting poets Franktienne (Haiti), Werewere Liking (Cte d'Ivoire), Derek Walcott (St Lucia), and Claudia Rankine (Jamaica) in dialogue with Romantic poets and theorists, as well as with the more recent thinkers douard Glissant, Walter Benjamin, and Emmanuel Levinas, Oakley shows how African Atlantic poets formally revive Romantic forms, ranging from the social utopian manifesto to the pote maudit, in their pursuit of a redemptive allegory of African Atlantic experiences. Common Places addresses issues in African and Caribbean literary studies, Romanticism, poetics, rhetorical theory, comparative literature, and translation theory, and further, models a postcolonial critique in the aesthetic-ethical and "new aestheticist" vein.
Common Places: The Poetics of African Atlantic Postromantics. (Textxet: Studies in Comparative Literature).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32453
- 2019-03-11Common Places: The Poetics of African Atlantic Postromantics
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Memories and Representations of War: The Case of World War I and World War II (Textxet Studies in Comparative Literature)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] International Don Quixote (Textxet Studies in Comparative Literature)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] From Modernism to Postmodernism: Concepts and Strategies of Postmodern American Fiction (Postmodern Studies 38) (Textxet Studies in Comparative Literature)
- 2017-04-11[PDF] China Fictions/English Language: Literary Essays in Diaspora, Memory, Story. (Textxet: Studies in Comparative Literature)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Trickster Theatre: The Poetics of Freedom in Urban Africa (African Expressive Cultures)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Trickster Theatre: The Poetics of Freedom in Urban Africa (African Expressive Cultures)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Careful Longing: The Poetics And Problems of Nostalgia
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Waiting for Pushkin: Russian Fiction in the Reign of Alexander I (1801-1825) (Studies in Slavic Literature and Poetics 44) [Russian]
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Common Knowledge: The Challenge of Transdisciplinarity
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Proceedings of the First Southern African Geotechnical Conference
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Dark Places: The Haunted House in Film
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Common LISP. The Language. Second Edition
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Selling Places: The Marketing and Promotion of Towns and Cities 1850-2000 (Planning, History and Environment Series)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Aristophanes and the Poetics of Competition
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Cathedral of the Wild: An African Journey Home
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Common Places: Mythologies of Everyday Life in Russia
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Complex TV: The Poetics of Contemporary Television Storytelling
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Touching Art: The Poetics and the Politics of Exhibiting the Tree of Life
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.