[PDF] Computational Modeling for Fluid Flow and Interfacial Transport (Transport Processes in Engineering)
Posted on 2017-11-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: W. Shyy | Publisher: Elsevier Science | Category: Chemical Engineering | Language: English | Page: 504 | ISBN: 0444817603 | ISBN13: 9780444817600 |
Description: Transport processes are often characterized by the simultaneous presence of multiple dependent variables, multiple length scales, body forces, free boundaries and strong non-linearities. The various computational elements important for the prediction of complex fluid flows and interfacial transport are presented in this volume. Practical applications, presented in the form of illustrations and examples are emphasized, as well as physical interpretation of the computed results. The book is intended as a reference for researchers and graduate students in mechanical, aerospace, chemical and materials engineering. Both macroscopic and microscopic (but still continuum) features are addressed. In order to lay down a good foundation to facilitate discussion of more advanced techniques, the book has been divided into three parts. Part I presents the basic concepts of finite difference schemes for solving parabolic, elliptic and hyperbolic partial differential equations. Part II deals with issues related to computational modeling for fluid flow and transport phenomena. Existing algorithms to solve the Navier-Stokes equations can be generally classified as density-based methods and pressure-based methods. In this book the pressure-based method is emphasized. Recent efforts to improve the performance of the pressure-based algorithm, both qualitatively and quantitatively, are treated, including formulation of the algorithm and its generalization to all flow speeds, choice of coordinate system and primary velocity variables, issues of grid layout, open boundary treatment and the role of global mass conservation, convection treatment and convergence. Practical engineering applications, including gas-turbine combustor flow, heat transfer and convection in high pressure discharge lamps, thermal management under microgravity, and flow through hydraulic turbines are also discussed. Part III addresses the transport processes involving interfacial dynamics. Specifically those influenced by phase change, gravity, and capillarity are emphasized, and both the macroscopic and morphological (microscopic) scales are presented. Basic concepts of interface, capillarity, and phase change processes are summarized to help clarify physical mechanisms, followed by a discussion of recent developments in computational modeling. Numerical solutions are also discussed to illustrate the salient features of practical engineering applications. Fundamental features of interfacial dynamics have also been illustrated in the form of case studies, to demonstrate the interplay between fluid and thermal transport of macroscopic scales and their interaction with interfacial transport.
Computational Modeling for Fluid Flow and Interfacial Transport (Transport Processes in Engineering).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33886
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Computational Modeling for Fluid Flow and Interfacial Transport (Transport Processes in Engineering)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Financial Modeling for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs: Developing Excel Models to Raise Capital, Increase Cash Flow, Improve Operations, Plan Projects, and Make Decisions - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Computational Methods for Corpus Annotation and Analysis - Removed
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Computational Modeling in Cognition: Principles and Practice
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Computational Methods for Data Evaluation and Assimilation
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Computational Methods for Fluid Dynamics - Removed
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Computational Methods for Plasticity: Theory and Applications
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Business Modeling for Life Science and Biotech Companies: Creating Value and Competitive Advantage with the Milestone Bridge (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organization and Technology)
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Computational Methods for Multiphase Flow
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Business Modeling for Life Science and Biotech Companies: Creating Value and Competitive Advantage with the Milestone Bridge (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organization and Technology)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Advanced Transport Phenomena: Fluid Mechanics and Convective Transport Processes (Cambridge Series in Chemical Engineering)
- 2011-07-06[request]Applied Groundwater Modeling: Simulation of Flow and Advective Transport
- 2013-05-18Advanced Transport Phenomena: Fluid Mechanics and Convective Transport Processes [Repost]
- 2011-11-02Advanced Transport Phenomena: Fluid Mechanics and Convective Transport Processes (repost)
- 2011-11-02Advanced Transport Phenomena: Fluid Mechanics and Convective Transport Processes
- 2008-12-06Advanced Transport Phenomena: Fluid Mechanics and Convective Transport Processes
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Subsurface Fluid Flow and Imaging: With Applications for Hydrology, Reservoir Engineering, and Geophysics
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Analytical Methods for Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Problems (Mathematical Engineering)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Computational Methods for Modeling of Nonlinear Systems, Volume 20 (Mathematics in Science and Engineering)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.