Posted on 2017-11-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stephen S. Cohen | Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1422189813 | ISBN13: 9781422189818 |
Description: an excellent new book Paul Krugman, The New York Times History, not ideology, holds the key to growth. Brilliantly written and argued, Concrete Economics shows how government has repeatedly reshaped the American economy ever since Alexander Hamiltons first, foundational redesign. This book does not rehash the sturdy and long-accepted arguments that to thrive, entrepreneurial economies need a broad range of freedoms. Instead, Steve Cohen and Brad DeLong remedy our national amnesia about how our economy has actually grown and the role government has played in redesigning and reinvigorating it throughout our history. The government not only sets the ground rules for entrepreneurial activity but directs the surges of energy that mark a vibrant economy. This is as true for present-day Silicon Valley as it was for New England manufacturing at the dawn of the nineteenth century. The authors argument is not one based on abstract ideas, arcane discoveries, or complex correlations. Instead it is based on the factsfacts that were once well known but that have been obscured in a fog of ideologyof how the US economy benefited from a pragmatic government approach to succeed so brilliantly. Understanding how our economy has grown in the past provides a blueprint for how we might again redesign and reinvigorate it today, for such a redesign is sorely needed.
Concrete Economics: The Hamilton Approach to Economic Growth and Policy.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33464
- 2019-12-12The Programming Approach and the Demise of Economics: Volume II: Selected Testimonies on the Epistemological 'Overturning' of Economic Theory and Policy
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Muscle Medicine: The Revolutionary Approach to Maintaining, Strengthening, and Repairing Your Muscles and Joints
- 2011-08-16The East Asian Miracle: Economic Growth and Public Policy (World Bank Policy Research Reports)
- 2011-01-08The East Asian Miracle: Economic Growth and Public Policy (World Bank Policy Research Reports) By The World Bank
- 2010-07-08On the Reappraisal of Microeconomics: Economic Growth And Change in a Material World
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Value Economics: The Ethical Implications of Value for New Economic Thinking
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Making of the Classical Theory of Economic Growth (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Dynamic Systems, Economic Growth, and the Environment (Dynamic Modeling and Econometrics in Economics and Finance) - Removed
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Making of the Classical Theory of Economic Growth (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2018-11-06Wellbeing Economics The Capabilities Approach to Prosperity
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Reinventing Project Management: The Diamond Approach to Successful Growth & Innovation
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Ocean Waves: The Stochastic Approach (Cambridge Ocean Technology Series)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Reassessing the Role of Management in the Golden Age: An International Comparison of Public Sector Managers 1945-1975 (Central Issues in Contemporary Economic Theory and Policy) [Italian] - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Little Book of Venture Capital Investing: Empowering Economic Growth and Investment Portfolios
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Foreign Trade as a Factor of Economic Growth: Russian-Chinese Foreign Trade Cooperation (Contributions to Economics) [Russian] - Removed
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Economic Growth and the Middle Class in an Economy in Transition: The Case of Russia (Economic Studies in Inequality, Social Exclusion and Well-Being)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Quantum Economy - The Quantization of Socio-Economic Space-Time: Theory and Basics
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Concrete in the Service of Mankind: Appropriate concrete technology (Vol 3)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Economic Growth and Valuation of the Environment: A Debate
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.