Posted on 2017-12-05, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Julian Stallabrass | Publisher: OUP Oxford | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 168 | ISBN: 0192806467 | ISBN13: 9780192806468 |
Description: Contemporary art has never been so popular - but what is 'contemporary' about contemporary art? What is its role today, and who is controlling its future? Bloody toy soldiers, gilded shopping carts, and embroidered tents. Contemporary art is supposed to be a realm of freedom where artists shock, break taboos, flout generally received ideas, and switch between confronting viewers with works of great emotional profundity and jaw-dropping triviality. But away from shock tactics in the gallery, there are many unanswered questions. Who is really running the art world? What effect has America's growing political and cultural dominance had on art? Julian Stallabrass takes us inside the international art world to answer these and other controversial questions, and to argue that behind contemporary art's variety and apparent unpredictability lies a grim uniformity. Its mysteries are all too easily explained, its depths much shallower than they seem. Contemporary art seeks to bamboozle its viewers while being the willing slave of business and government. This book is your antidote and will change the way you see contemporary art. ABOUT THE SERIES: The Very Short Introductions series from Oxford University Press contains hundreds of titles in almost every subject area. These pocket-sized books are the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly. Our expert authors combine facts, analysis, perspective, new ideas, and enthusiasm to make interesting and challenging topics highly readable.
Contemporary Art: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34087
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Contemporary Art: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
- 2012-01-28Contemporary Art - A Very Short Introduction - Julian Stallabras - PDF - Free ebook download
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Contemporary Fiction: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Renaissance Art: A Very Short Introduction
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Contemporary Fiction: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions) - Removed
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Renaissance Art: A Very Short Introduction
- 2016-12-11Contemporary Art A Very Short Introduction
- 2012-08-27Contemporary Art: A Very Short Introduction [Repost]
- 2011-12-24Contemporary Art: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions) - Julian Stallabrass - Removed
- 2011-10-10Contemporary Art: A Very Short Introduction (Repost)
- 2011-07-25Contemporary Art - A Very Short Introduction
- 2010-07-29Contemporary Art - A Very Short Introduction
- 2010-04-05Contemporary Art: A Very Short Introduction (Very Short Introductions)
- 2009-01-17Contemporary Art: A Very Short Introduction
- 2007-10-07Contemporary Art: A Very Short Introduction
- 2011-09-16The Cinematic (Whitechapel: Documents of Contemporary Art)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Contemporary art in Africa
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Art of Maya: An Introduction to 3D Computer Graphics
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Contemporary Art: World Currents Hardcover
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.