[PDF] Cosmopolitanism and Global Financial Reform: A Pragmatic Approach to the Tobin Tax (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
Posted on 2017-12-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: James Brassett | Category: Finances and Money | Language: English | Page: 160 | ISBN: 0415746728 | ISBN13: 9780415746724 |
Description: Acknowledgement of the ethical dimension of global finance is commonplace in the wake of financial crises. The sub-prime crisis and ensuing credit crunch are only the latest in a long run of global financial crises that wreak social havoc and force us to consider alternative possibilities for global finance. By defining cosmopolitanism and analysing how cosmopolitan ideas can increasingly provide an account of the governance of global finance, Brassett examines whether global finance can be regulated so as to provide cosmopolitan values like social security, equality and democratic accountability. It suggests that such an exercise is not adequately resourced by existing theoretical approaches to critical IPE and instead develops a new pragmatic approach based on the thought of Richard Rorty. Combining ethical theory with empirical analysis, it focuses on the Tobin Tax â€“ (a proposal to place a small levy on foreign currency transactions to dampen speculation and raise vast revenues) â€“ and explores whether it could underpin more cosmopolitan forms of global financial governance. This book situates cosmopolitan ideas in the extant dilemmas and indeterminacies of global ethics, suggesting alternatives where possible. It will be of interest to students and scholars of international ethics, global governance, global civil, international relations, international political economy, global finance, public policy, critical theory, political theory and philosophy.
Cosmopolitanism and Global Financial Reform: A Pragmatic Approach to the Tobin Tax (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34460
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Cosmopolitanism and Global Financial Reform: A Pragmatic Approach to the Tobin Tax (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2018-03-24Crisis and Class War in Egypt: Class Warfare, the State and Global Political Economy
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Rosen and Barkin's 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult (The 5-Minute Consult Series) - Removed
- 2011-05-12Imperialism and Global Political Economy
- 2011-03-08Imperialism and Global Political Economy
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Transnational Financial Associations and the Governance of Global Finance: Assembling Wealth and Power (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Transnational Financial Associations and the Governance of Global Finance: Assembling Wealth and Power (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Internationalization and Global Citizenship: Policy and Practice in Education
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Political Economy of Global Remittances: Gender, Governmentality and Neoliberalism (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Media and Global Climate Knowledge: Journalism and the IPCC
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Stochastic and Global Optimization (Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Combinatorial and Global Optimization
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Making of Modern Finance: Liberal Governance and the Gold Standard (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Egalitarianism and Global Justice: From a Relational Perspective - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Anthropology and Global History: From Tribes to the Modern World-System
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Hydrology and Global Environmental Change (Understanding Global Environmental Change)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Muslims and Global Justice (Pennsylvania Studies in Human Rights)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Identity and Global Politics: Theoretical and Empirical Elaborations (Culture and Religion in International Relations)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Private Power and Global Authority: Transnational Merchant Law in the Global Political Economy (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.