[PDF] Cybele, Attis and Related Cults: Essays in Memory of M.J. Vermaseren (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) (Social, Economic, and Political Studies of the Middle East a)
Posted on 2017-04-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Eugene N. Lane | Publisher: Brill | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 442 | ISBN: 9004101969 | ISBN13: 9789004101968 |
Description: This volume brings together articles on the cult of the mother-goddess Cybele and her consort Attis, from the emergence of the religion in Anatolia through its expansion into Greece and Italy to the latest times of the Roman Empire and its farthest extent west, the Iberian Peninsula. It combines the work of established scholars with that of young researchers in the field, and represents a truly international perspective. The reader will find treatment inter alia of Cybeles emasculated priests, the Galli the dissemination of Cybele-cult through the harbour city, Miletus the cult of Cybele in Ephesus the rock-cut sanctuary of Cybele at Akrai in Sicily the competition between the Cybele-cult and Christianity and the role of Attis in Neo-Platonic philosophy. Reviews About the Author
Cybele, Attis and Related Cults: Essays in Memory of M.J. Vermaseren (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) (Social, Economic, and Political Studies of the Middle East a).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31379
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Heirs to Forgotten Kingdoms: Journeys Into the Disappearing Religions of the Middle East
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Romanising Oriental Gods: Myth, Salvation and Ethics in the Cults of Cybele, Isis and Mithras (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World) - Removed
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Attis: Between Myth and History : King, Priest and God (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Sanctuaries and Cults in Crete from the Late Minoan IIIC to the Archaic Period: Continuity and Change (Religions in the Graeco-Roman World)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Paul, Luke and the Graeco-Roman World: Essays in Honour of Alexander J.M. Wedderburn (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Rising Terror Groups in the Middle East and North Africa (Terrorism, Hot Spots and Conflict-Related Issues)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Socratic, Platonic and Aristotelian Studies: Essays in Honor of Gerasimos Santas (Philosophical Studies Series) - Removed
- 2020-06-28Medicine and Markets in the Graeco-Roman World and Beyond Essays on Ancient Medicine in Honour o...
- 2019-01-14Transformed Landscapes Essays on Palestine and the Middle East in Honor of Walid Khalidi
- 2019-01-10Transformed Landscapes Essays on Palestine and the Middle East in Honor of Walid Khalidi
- 2018-05-08Water Security in the Middle East Essays in Scientific and Social Cooperation (Anthem Water Diplomacy Series)
- 2018-02-26Higher Education Exchange between America and the Middle East in the Twenty-First Century - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Business and Society in the Middle East: Exploring Responsible Business Practice (Palgrave Studies in Governance, Leadership and Responsibility) - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Language, Cohesion and Form (Studies in Natural Language Processing)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Jealous Gods and Chosen People: The Mythology of the Middle East
- 2018-01-30[PDF] King John and Religion (Studies in the History of Medieval Religion)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Mental Health and Addiction Care in the Middle East (Advances in Mental Health and Addiction) - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Site Interaction and Political Geography in the Upper Usumacinta Region during the Late Classic (British Archaeological Reports)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Global Liberalism and Political Order: Toward a New Grand Compromise? (Suny Series in Global Politics (Hardcover))
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.