Posted on 2017-11-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Sean S. Costigan | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 392 | ISBN: 1409427544 | ISBN13: 9781409427544 |
Description: From the "Facebook" revolutions in the Arab world to the use of social networking in the aftermath of disasters in Japan and Haiti, to the spread of mobile telephony throughout the developing world: all of these developments are part of how information and communication technologies are altering global affairs. With the rise of the social web and applications like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, scholars and practitioners of international affairs are adapting to this new information space across a wide scale of issue areas. In conflict resolution, dialogues and communication are taking the form of open social networks, while in the legal realm, where cyberspace is largely lawless space, states are stepping up policing efforts to combat online criminality and hackers are finding new ways around increasingly sophisticated censorship. Militaries are moving to deeply incorporate information technologies into their doctrines, and protesters are developing innovative uses of technology to keep one step ahead of the authorities. The essays and topical cases in this book explore such issues as networks and networked thinking, information ownership, censorship, neutrality, cyberwars, humanitarian needs, terrorism, privacy and rebellion, giving a comprehensive overview of the core issues in the field, complimented by real world examples.
Cyberspaces and Global Affairs.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33613
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Partnerships in International Policy-Making: Civil Society and Public Institutions in European and Global Affairs (International Series on Public Policy) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Internationalization and Global Citizenship: Policy and Practice in Education
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Media and Global Climate Knowledge: Journalism and the IPCC
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Stochastic and Global Optimization (Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications) - Removed
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Combinatorial and Global Optimization
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Egalitarianism and Global Justice: From a Relational Perspective - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Anthropology and Global History: From Tribes to the Modern World-System
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Hydrology and Global Environmental Change (Understanding Global Environmental Change)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Muslims and Global Justice (Pennsylvania Studies in Human Rights)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Identity and Global Politics: Theoretical and Empirical Elaborations (Culture and Religion in International Relations)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Amazonia and Global Change
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Local and Global: The Management of Cities in the Information Age
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Nanotechnology and Global Sustainability (Perspectives in Nanotechnology)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Britain and Foreign Affairs 1815-1885: Europe and Overseas (Lancaster Pamphlets)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Cosmopolitanism and Global Financial Reform: A Pragmatic Approach to the Tobin Tax (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Local And Global Analysis of Nonlinear Dispersive And Wave Equations
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Volcanism and Global Environmental Change
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Cities and Global Governance
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Europe and Global Climate Change: Politics, Foreign Policy and Regional Cooperation
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.