Posted on 2017-11-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: John C. Abbott | Publisher: University of Texas Press | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 292 | ISBN: 0292714491 | ISBN13: 9780292714496 |
Description: On any warm summer day, you can easily observe damselflies around a vegetated pond or the rocks along the banks of a stream. Like the more familiar dragonfly, damselflies are among the most remarkably distinctive insects in their appearance and biology, and they have become one of the most popular creatures sought by avocational naturalists. Damselflies of Texas is the first field guide dedicated specifically to the species found in Texas. It covers 77 of the 138 species of damselflies known in North America, making it a very useful guide for the entire United States. Each species account includes: - illustrations of as many forms (male, female, juvenile, mature, and color morphs) as possible - common and scientific names, with pronunciation - distribution map - key features - identifying characteristics - discussion of similar species - status in Texas - habitat, seasonality, and general comments In addition to photographing damselflies in the wild, the author and illustrator have developed a new process for illustrating each species by scanning preserved specimens and digitally painting them. The resulting illustrations show detail that is not visible in photographs. The book also contains chapters on damselfly anatomy, life history, conservation, names, and photography, as well as a list of species that may eventually be discovered in Texas, state and global conservation rankings, seasonality of all species in chronological order, and additional resources and publications on the identification of damselflies.
Damselflies of Texas: A Field Guide (Texas Natural History Guides(TM)).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33739
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Damselflies of Texas: A Field Guide (Texas Natural History Guides(TM))
- 2010-06-14Texas Wildflowers: A Field Guide (Texas Natural History Guides) - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Butterflies of Indiana: A Field Guide (Indiana Natural Science)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Butterflies of Indiana: A Field Guide (Indiana Natural Science)
- 2009-08-04Water in Texas: An Introduction (Texas Natural History Guides) - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Conflict without Casualities: A Field Guide for Leading with Compassionate Accountability [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Code Check Building: A Field Guide to the Building Codes
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Field Guide to the Common Bees of California: Including Bees of the Western United States (California Natural History Guides)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Predatory Female: A Field Guide to Dating and the Marriage-Divorce Industry
- 2018-01-19[PDF] David Busch's Compact Field Guide for the Nikon D3100 (David Busch's Digital Photography Guides)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Follow the Sun: A Field Guide to Architectural Photography in the Digital Age
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Hobo Handbook: A Field Guide to Living by Your Own Rules
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Teach Like a Champion Field Guide: A Practical Resource to Make the 49 Techniques Your Own
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Gone to Texas: A History of the Lone Star State (Audiobook)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Canon EOS 70D Digital Field Guide
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Canon EOS 6D Digital Field Guide
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Field Guide to Mushrooms of Western North America (California Natural History Guides)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Low Light Photography Field Guide: The essential guide to getting perfect images in challenging light
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Field Guide to Grasses of California (California Natural History Guides)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.