Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dance and Gender : An Evidence-Based Approach | Publisher: University Press of Florida | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 0813062667 | ISBN13: 9780813062662 |
Description: Driven by exacting methods and hard data, this volume reveals gender dynamics within the dance world in the twenty-first century. It provides concrete evidence about how gender impacts the daily lives of dancers, choreographers, directors, educators, and students through surveys, interviews, analyses of data from institutional sources, and action research studies. Dancers, dance artists, and dance scholars from the United States, Australia, and Canada discuss equity in three areas: concert dance, the studio, and higher education. The chapters provide evidence of bias, stereotyping, and other behaviors that are often invisible to those involved, as well as to audiences. The contributors answer incisive questions about the role of gender in various aspects of the field, including physical expression and body image, classroom experiences and pedagogy, and performance and funding opportunities. The findings reveal how inequitable practices combined with societal pressures can create environments that hinder health, happiness, and success. At the same time, they highlight the individuals working to eliminate discrimination and open up new possibilities for expression and achievement in studios, choreography, performance venues, and institutions of higher education. The dance community can strive to eliminate discrimination, but first it must understand the status quo for gender in the dance world.
Dance and Gender: An Evidence-Based Approach.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35728
- 2012-03-13Combining CBT and Medication: An Evidence-Based Approach By Donna M. Sudak
- 2017-03-10Dance and Gender An Evidence-Based Approach
- 2012-03-14Neurology: An Evidence-Based Approach
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Herbal Medicines in Pregnancy and Lactation: An Evidence-Based Approach
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Training for Sports Speed and Agility: An Evidence-Based Approach
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Individual Placement and Support: An Evidence-Based Approach to Supported Employment (Evidence-Based Practices)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Warts: Diagnosis and Management: An Evidence-based Approach
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Training for Sports Speed and Agility: An Evidence-Based Approach
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Herbal Medicines in Pregnancy and Lactation: An Evidence-Based Approach
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Individual Placement and Support: An Evidence-Based Approach to Supported Employment (Evidence-Based Practices)
- 2019-08-25Personality, Personality Disorder and Violence An Evidence Based Approach
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Orthopedic Manual Therapy: An Evidence-Based Approach
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The ECG Manual: An Evidence-Based Approach - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Obstetrics and Gynaecology: An evidence-based text for MRCOG (2E)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Obstetrics and Gynaecology: An Evidence-based Text for MRCOG
- 2017-11-19[PDF] ERCP and EUS: A Case-Based Approach - Removed
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology: Evidence-Based Clinical Practice (Endocrine Development, Vol. 7)
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Acute Ischemic Stroke: An Evidence-based Approach
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Obstetrics and Gynaecology: An Evidence-based Text for MRCOG
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.