Posted on 2017-12-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Kevin Casas-Zamora | Category: Law | Language: English | Page: 259 | ISBN: 0815725299 | ISBN13: 9780815725299 |
Description: The relationship between criminal syndicates and politicians has a long history, including episodes even from the earliest years of America's colonies. But while organized crime may not get the headlines it once did in North America, the resurgence of such criminal activity in Latin America, and in some European nations, has grabbed the public's attention. In Dangerous Liaisons noted scholars describe and analyze the role of organized crime in the financing of politics in selected democracies in Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Mexico) and in Europe (Bulgaria and Italy). The book seeks to unravel the myths that have developed around crime in these locales, while providing facts and informing the debate on how organized crime corrupts democratic institutions, especially in relation to the funding of political parties and their activities. Among the subjects studied in detail are the role of organized crime in political finance through the lens of Argentina's presidential campaigns of 1999 and 2007 Brazil's elected officeholders and their role in corruption the weakness of Colombia's democracy the growing role of money in Costa Rica's politics the destructive effects of drug money on Mexican institutions the link between organized crimeâ€”narrowly and broadly understoodâ€”and political financing in Bulgaria and crime and political finance in Italy. The work of the scholars corrects what volume editor Kevin Casas-Zamora calls "a glaring gap in the literature on the role of organized crime in the corruption of democratic institutions." That is, the funding of political parties and their activitiesâ€”which in these cases are mostly election campaigns. The chapters not only present the evidence but also can be regarded as a call to action.
Dangerous Liaisons: Organized Crime and Political Finance in Latin America and Beyond.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34256
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Illegal Entrepreneurship, Organized Crime and Social Control: Essays in Honor of Professor Dick Hobbs (Studies of Organized Crime)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Drug Trafficking, Organized Crime, and Violence in the Americas Today
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Dangerous Liaisons: The Marriages and Divorces of Marxism and Feminism (Iire Notebooks for Study and Research)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Gangster States: Organized Crime, Kleptocracy and Political Collapse (International Political Economy Series) - Removed
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Terrorist-Criminal Nexus: An Alliance of International Drug Cartels, Organized Crime, and Terror Groups
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Decoding Albanian Organized Crime: Culture, Politics, and Globalization
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Organized Crime and American Power: A History
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Dangerous Liaisons: Fashion and Furniture in the Eighteenth Century (Metropolitan Museum of Art)
- 2019-03-27Dangerous Liaisons The Marriages and Divorces of Marxism and Feminism
- 2018-11-28Organized Crime and Illicit Trade How to Respond to This Strategic Challenge in Old and New Domains
- 2018-08-01Illicit Markets, Organized Crime, and Global Security
- 2018-06-28Film Piracy, Organized Crime, and Terrorism
- 2018-06-19Organized Crime and Illicit Trade How to Respond to This Strategic Challenge in Old and New Domains
- 2018-06-11Organized Crime and Illicit Trade How to Respond to This Strategic Challenge in Old and New Domains
- 2018-04-27Organized Crime and Illicit Trade
- 2018-03-27Organized Crime and Illicit Trade: How to Respond to This Strategic Challenge in Old and New Domains
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Dangerous Language _ Esperanto and the Decline of Stalinism
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Dangerous Ambition: Rebecca West and Dorothy Thompson: New Women in Search of Love and Power
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Mayhem: Post-War Crime and Violence in Britain, 1748-53 (The Lewis Walpole Series in Eighteenth-Century Culture and History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.