Posted on 2018-01-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert Rowland Smith | Publisher: Edinburgh University Press | Category: Russian | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0748640398 | ISBN13: 9780748640393 |
Description: Robert Rowland Smith takes Freud's work on the death-drive and compares it with other philosophies of deathPascal, Heidegger and Derrida in particular. He also applies it in a new way to literature and art - to Shakespeare, Rothko and Katharina Fritsch, among others. He asks whether artworks are dead or alive, if artistic creativity isn't actually a form of destruction, and whether our ability to be seduced by fine words means we don't put our selves at risk of death.In doing so, he proposes a new theory of aesthetics in which artworks and literary texts have a death-drive of their own, not least by their defining ability to turn away from all that is real, and where the effects of the death-drive mean that we are constantly living in imaginary, rhetorical or 'artistic' worlds. The book also provides a valuable introduction to the rich tradition of work on the death-drive since Freud.
Death-Drive: Freudian Hauntings in Literature and Art (The Frontiers of Theory).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35560
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Poetry in Painting: Writings on Contemporary Arts and Aesthetics (The Frontiers of Theory)
- 2011-10-29Finding Saint Francis in Literature and Art (The New Middle Ages)
- 2011-08-01Finding Saint Francis in Literature and Art (The New Middle Ages)
- 2011-07-30Finding Saint Francis in Literature and Art (The New Middle Ages)
- 2019-07-15^(Wonderful) - Why You Should Read Bread or Death: Memories of My Childhood During and After the Holocaust by Milton Mendel Kleinberg Online or Download [PDF, EPUB, MOBI]
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Late Cold War Literature and Culture: The Nuclear 1980s - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Death to Tyrants!: Ancient Greek Democracy and the Struggle against Tyranny
- 2017-12-18[PDF] English Writings of Hu Shih: Literature and Society. Volume 1 - Removed
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Unspeakable: Representations of Trauma in Francophone Literature and Art
- 2017-12-10[PDF] On Literature and Philosophy: The Non-Fiction Writing of Naguib Mahfouz: Volume 1 (Non-Fiction Writings of Naguib Mahfouz)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Addiction Dilemmas: Family Experiences from Literature and Research and their Lessons for Practice
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Spirals: The Whirled Image in Twentieth-Century Literature and Art (Modernist Latitudes)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Bread or Death: Memories of My Childhood During and After the Holocaust
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Marriage in Medieval England: Law, Literature and Practice
- 2017-11-15[PDF] A Companion to Latin American Literature and Culture
- 2017-11-15[PDF] A Concise Companion to Psychoanalysis, Literature, and Culture (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Bram Fischer: Afrikaner Revolutionary (Myibuye Literature and History Series)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Death by Video Game: Danger, Pleasure, and Obsession on the Virtual Frontline
- 2017-10-24[PDF] A New Companion to Victorian Literature and Culture
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.