Posted on 2018-01-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nancy Scheper-Hughes | Publisher: University of California Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 614 | ISBN: 0520075374 | ISBN13: 9780520075375 |
Description: When lives are dominated by hunger, what becomes of love? When assaulted by daily acts of violence and untimely death, what happens to trust? Set in the lands of Northeast Brazil, this is an account of the everyday experience of scarcity, sickness and death that centres on the lives of the women and children of a hillside "favela". Bringing her readers to the impoverished slopes above the modern plantation town of Bom Jesus de Mata, where she has worked on and off for 25 years, Nancy Scheper-Hughes follows three generations of shantytown women as they struggle to survive through hard work, cunning and triage. It is a story of class relations told at the most basic level of bodies, emotions, desires and needs. Most disturbing - and controversial - is her finding that mother love, as conventionally understood, is something of a bourgeois myth, a luxury for those who can reasonably expect, as these women cannot, that their infants will live.
Death Without Weeping: The Violence of Everyday Life in Brazil.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35256
- 2016-12-13Death Without Weeping The Violence of Everyday Life in Brazil
- 2011-09-18Civilization and Capitalism, 15th-18th Century, Vol. I: The Structure of Everyday Life
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Organizational Ethnography: Studying the Complexity of Everyday Life
- 2017-12-13[PDF] How Things Work: The Physics of Everyday Life
- 2019-07-26%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read Monkeys, Myths, and Molecules: Separating Fact from Fiction, and the Science of Everyday Life by Joe Schwarcz Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2019-07-16$%(Great) - Why You Should Read Radical Technologies: The Design of Everyday Life by Adam Greenfield Online or Download [*PDF *EPUB *MOBI]
- 2019-02-15Slow Death by Rubber Duck Fully Expanded and Updated: How the Toxicity of Everyday Life Affects Our Health - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Psychopathy of Everyday Life: How Antisocial Personality Disorder Affects All of Us
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Cultures without Culturalism: The Making of Scientific Knowledge.
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Cultures without Culturalism: The Making of Scientific Knowledge
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Politics of Everyday Life in Fascist Italy: Outside the State? (Italian and Italian American Studies)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Science Without Numbers: The Defence of Nominalism (Princeton Legacy Library)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Death Before Glory: The British Soldier in the West Indies in the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars 1793-1815 [French]
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Marxist Aesthetics: The foundations within everyday life for an emancipated consciousness (Routledge Revivals)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Crisis Without End: The Medical and Ecological Consequences of the Fukushima Nuclear Catastrophe
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Death Comes to the Fair (A Kurland St. Mary Mystery)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Creativity and Convention: The pragmatics of everyday figurative speech (Pragmatics and Beyond New Series)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Math Without Numbers: The Mathematics of Ideas - Vol. 1 Foundations (Volume 1)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Death or Glory: The Dark History of the World Cup
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.