Posted on 2017-12-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dominic Wilkinson | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 0199669430 | ISBN13: 9780199669431 |
Description: In ancient Rome parents would consult the priestess Carmentis shortly after birth to obtain prophecies of the future of their newborn infant. Today, parents and doctors of critically ill children consult a different oracle. Neuroimaging provides a vision of the child's future, particularly of the nature and severity of any disability. Based on the results of brain scans and other tests doctors and parents face heart-breaking decisions about whether or not to continue intensive treatment or to allow the child to die. Paediatrician and ethicist Dominic Wilkinson looks at the profound and contentious ethical issues facing those who work in intensive care caring for critically ill children and infants. When should infants or children be allowed to die? How accurate are predictions of future quality of life? How much say should parents have in these decisions? How should they deal with uncertainty about the future? He combines philosophy, medicine and science to shed light on current and future dilemmas.
Death or Disability?: The 'Carmentis Machine' and decision-making for critically ill children.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34526
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Death or Disability?: The 'Carmentis Machine' and decision-making for critically ill children
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Death in Florence: The Medici, Savonarola and the Battle for the Soul of the Renaissance City
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Death in Florence: The Medici, Savonarola, and the Battle for the Soul of the Renaissance City [Audiobook]
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Death in Florence: The Medici, Savonarola and the Battle for the Soul of the Renaissance City
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Another Fork in the Trail: Vegetarian and Vegan Recipes for the Backcountry
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Fighting Fat: Break the Dieting Cycle and Get Healthy for Life!
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Disaster By Design: The Aral Sea and its Lessons for Sustainability (Research in Social Problems and Public Policy)
- 2018-04-12Intelligent Systems and Decision Making for Risk Analysis and Crisis Response: Proceedings of the 4th
- 2018-01-08[PDF] How You Decide: The Science of Human Decision Making [Reduced]
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Electric Utility Resource Planning: Economics, Reliability, and Decision-Making
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Intelligent Systems and Decision Making for Risk Analysis and Crisis Response
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Best Available Evidence: Decision Making for Educational Improvement
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Collaborative Modeling and Decision-Making for Complex Energy Systems
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Intelligent Testing, Control and Decision-making for Space Launch
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Water Accounting: International Approaches to Policy and Decision-making
- 2010-01-23Beyond Right and Wrong: The Power of Effective Decision Making for Attorneys and Clients
- 2018-06-01Trends in Control and Decision-Making for Human-Robot Collaboration Systems - Removed
- 2017-05-11Planning And Decision Making For Aerial Robots
- 2014-06-19Planning and Decision Making for Aerial Robots
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.