Posted on 2017-12-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: G.L. Ercolini and Pat J. Gehrke | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 342 | ISBN: 0299216101 | ISBN13: 9780299216108 |
Description: Director of some of the most controversial films of the twentieth century, Stanley Kubrick created a reputation as a Hollywood outsider as well as a cinematic genius. His diverse yet relatively small oeuvre - he directed only thirteen films during a career that spanned more than four decades - covers a broad range of the themes that shaped his century and continues to shape the twenty-first: war and crime, gender relations and class conflict, racism, and the fate of individual agency in a world of increasing social surveillance and control. In "Depth of Field", leading screenwriters and scholars analyze Kubrick's films from a variety of perspectives. They examine such groundbreaking classics as "Dr. Strangelove and 2001: A Space Odyssey" and later films whose critical reputations are still in flux. "Depth of Field" ends with three viewpoints on Kubrick's final film, "Eyes Wide Shut", placing it in the contexts of film history, the history and theory of psychoanalysis, and the sociology of sex and power. Probing Kubrick's whole body of work, "Depth of Field" is the first truly multidisciplinary study of one of the most innovative and controversial filmmakers of the twentieth century.
Depth of Field: Stanley Kubrick, Film, and the Uses of History.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34377
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Depth of Field: Stanley Kubrick, Film, and the Uses of History
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Nothing Less than Victory: Decisive Wars and the Lessons of History
- 2009-05-15Screening the Past: Film and the Representation of History
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Making Time in Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon: Art, History and Empire
- 2011-12-09The Endometrium: Molecular, Cellular and Clinical Perspectives, Second Edition (Reproductive Medicine & Assisted Reproductive Techniques) - John D. Aplin, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Stanley R. Glasser And Linda C. Giudice
- 2011-11-27The Endometrium: Molecular, Cellular and Clinical Perspectives, Second Edition (Reproductive Medicine & Assisted Reproductive Techniques) - John D. Aplin, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Stanley R. Glasser And Linda C. Giudice
- 2011-11-26The Endometrium: Molecular, Cellular and Clinical Perspectives, Second Edition (Reproductive Medicine & Assisted Reproductive Techniques) - John D. Aplin, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Stanley R. Glasser And Linda C. Giudice
- 2020-11-05Dirty Words and Filthy Pictures: Film and the First Amendment (True PDF)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Film and the City: The Urban Imaginary in Canadian Cinema (Athabasca University Press)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Predatory Female: A Field Guide to Dating and the Marriage-Divorce Industry
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Film and the Ethical Imagination - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Indelible Shadows: Film and the Holocaust
- 2018-01-01[PDF] A New History of German Cinema (Screen Cultures: German Film and the Visual)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Mastering Digital Scanning with Slides, Film, and Transparencies
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Pretty: Film and the Decorative Image
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Theater of Cruelty: Art, Film, and the Shadows of War
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Army Film and the Avant Garde: Cinema and Experiment in the Czechoslovak Military
- 2017-12-20[PDF] American Independent Cinema: Rites of Passage and the Crisis Image (Edinburgh Studies in Film EUP)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Peep Shows: Cult Film and the Cine-Erotic (AlterImage)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.