Posted on 2018-01-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Discursive Framings of Human Rights : Negotiating Agency and Victimhood | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 297 | ISBN: 1138944505 | ISBN13: 9781138944503 |
Description: What does it mean to be a subject of human rights? The status of the subject is closely connected with the form and rhetoric of the framing discourse, and this book investigates the relationship between the status of the subject and the form of human rights discourse, in differing aesthetic and social contexts. Historical as well as contemporary declarations of rights have stressed both the protective and political aspects of human rights. But in concrete situations and conflictual moments, the high moral legitimacy of human rights rhetoric has often clouded the actual character of specific interventions, and so made it difficult to differentiate between the objects of humanitarian intervention and the subjects of politics. Critically re-examining this opposition between victims and agents of human rights through a focus on the ways in which discourses of rights are formed and circulated within and between political societies, this book elicits the fluidity of their relationship, and with it the shifting relation between human rights and humanitarianism. Analysing the symbolic framings of testimonies, disaster stories, atrocity tales, political speeches, and philosophical arguments, it thus establishes a relationship between these different genres and the political, economic, and legal dimensions of human rights discourse.
Discursive Framings of Human Rights: Negotiating Agency and Victimhood.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35312
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Net Neutrality Compendium: Human Rights, Free Competition and the Future of the Internet - Removed
- 2011-11-15Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-10-09Beyond Collusion
- 2011-09-20World Report 2011: Events of 2010 (Human Rights Watch World Report)
- 2011-08-04Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-07-27World Report 2011: Events of 2010 (Human Rights Watch World Report)
- 2011-07-20Beyond Collusion
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Mayan Voices for Human Rights: Displaced Catholics in Highland Chiapas (Louann Atkins Temple Women & Culture Series)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] North Korea and the World: Human Rights, Arms Control, and Strategies for Negotiation (Asia in the New Millennium)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Myth of Universal Human Rights: Its Origin, History, and Explanation, Along with a More Humane Way
- 2018-01-29[PDF] A Dictionary of Human Rights
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Human Rights, Human Dignity, and Cosmopolitan Ideals: Essays on Critical Theory and Human Rights (Rethinking Political and International Theory)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Philosophical Foundations of Human Rights (Philosophical Foundations of Law)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Handbook of Human Rights: An Accessible Approach for the Workplace
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Reading Humanitarian Intervention: Human Rights and the Use of Force in International Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The Atlas of Human Rights: Mapping Violations of Freedom Around the Globe (Atlas Of... (University of California Press))
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Philosophical Dimensions of Human Rights: Some Contemporary Views - Removed
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Historical Dictionary of Human Rights (Historical Dictionaries of Religions, Philosophies, and Movements Series)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Last Utopia: Human Rights in History
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.