Posted on 2017-12-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Cathy O'Neil | Category: Algorithms | Language: English | Page: 406 | ISBN: 1449358659 | ISBN13: 9781449358655 |
Description: Now that people are aware that data can make the difference in an election or a business model, data science as an occupation is gaining ground. But how can you get started working in a wide-ranging, interdisciplinary field thatâ€™s so clouded in hype? This insightful book, based on Columbia Universityâ€™s Introduction to Data Science class, tells you what you need to know. In many of these chapter-long lectures, data scientists from companies such as Google, Microsoft, and eBay share new algorithms, methods, and models by presenting case studies and the code they use. If youâ€™re familiar with linear algebra, probability, and statistics, and have programming experience, this book is an ideal introduction to data science. Topics include: Statistical inference, exploratory data analysis, and the data science process Algorithms Spam filters, Naive Bayes, and data wrangling Logistic regression Financial modeling Recommendation engines and causality Data visualization Social networks and data journalism Data engineering, MapReduce, Pregel, and Hadoop Doing Data Science is collaboration between course instructor Rachel Schutt, Senior VP of Data Science at News Corp, and data science consultant Cathy Oâ€™Neil, a senior data scientist at Johnson Research Labs, who attended and blogged about the course.
Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34876
- 2014-04-19Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline (repost)
- 2013-12-31Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline - eazydoc.com
- 2013-11-17Doing Data Science Straight Talk from the Frontline by Rachel Schutt and Cathy O'Neil
- 2013-11-12Rachel Schutt and Cathy O'Neil, "Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline"
- 2013-11-12Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline
- 2013-11-10[Uploaded.net] Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline
- 2013-11-10Doing Data Science: Straight Talk from the Frontline
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Syria Speaks: Art and Culture from the Frontline
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Beginning Data Science in R: Data Analysis, Visualization, and Modelling for the Data Scientist
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Earth System Monitoring: Selected Entries from the Encyclopedia of Sustainability Science and Technology - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The End of Your World: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Building Data Science Teams: The Skills, Tools, and Perspectives Behind Great Data Science Groups
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Automating Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services: From the Data Center to the Cloud with PowerShell - Removed
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Forgotten Science: Strange Ideas from the Scrapheap of History
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Alchemy of Paint: Art, Science and Secrets from the Middle Ages
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Immanuel Kant: Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics: That Will Be Able to Come Forward as Science: With Selections from the Critique of Pure Reason (Cambridge Texts in the History of Philosophy)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Rapid Ember.js: Build dynamic and data-driven web applications from the ground up using Ember.js
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Statistics and Data Science in R from Beginner to Advanced
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Enacting Dismal Science: New Perspectives on the Performativity of Economics (Perspectives from Social Economics) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.