Posted on 2017-10-05, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Committee on Physical Activity and Physical Education in the School Environment | Publisher: National Academies Press | Category: Health and Care | Language: English | Page: 502 | ISBN: 0309283132 | ISBN13: 9780309283137 |
Description: Physical inactivity is a key determinant of health across the lifespan. A lack of activity increases the risk of heart disease, colon and breast cancer, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, osteoporosis, anxiety and depression and others diseases. Emerging literature has suggested that in terms of mortality, the global population health burden of physical inactivity approaches that of cigarette smoking. The prevalence and substantial disease risk associated with physical inactivity has been described as a pandemic. The prevalence, health impact, and evidence of changeability all have resulted in calls for action to increase physical activity across the lifespan. In response to the need to find ways to make physical activity a health priority for youth, the Institute of Medicine's Committee on Physical Activity and Physical Education in the School Environment was formed. Its purpose was to review the current status of physical activity and physical education in the school environment, including before, during, and after school, and examine the influences of physical activity and physical education on the short and long term physical, cognitive and brain, and psychosocial health and development of children and adolescents. Educating the Student Body makes recommendations about approaches for strengthening and improving programs and policies for physical activity and physical education in the school environment. This report lays out a set of guiding principles to guide its work on these tasks. These included: recognizing the benefits of instilling life-long physical activity habits in children the value of using systems thinking in improving physical activity and physical education in the school environment the recognition of current disparities in opportunities and the need to achieve equity in physical activity and physical education the importance of considering all types of school environments the need to take into consideration the diversity of students as recommendations are developed. This report will be of interest to local and national policymakers, school officials, teachers, and the education community, researchers, professional organizations, and parents interested in physical activity, physical education, and health for school-aged children and adolescents.
Educating the Student Body: Taking Physical Activity and Physical Education to School.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32076
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Educating the Student Body: Taking Physical Activity and Physical Education to School
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Educating the Imagination: Northrop Frye, Past, Present, and Future
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Purifying the Earthly Body of God: Religion and Ecology in Hindu India (SUNY Series in Religious Studies)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Student Body - Taking One for the Team
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Does the Built Environment Influence Physical Activity?: Examining The Evidence (Special Report (National Research Council (U S) Transportation Research Board))
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Making the Brain Body Connection: A Playful Guide to Releasing Mental, Physical & Emotional Blocks to Success
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Aesthetics of Emotion: Up the Down Staircase of the Mind-Body (Studies in Emotion and Social Interaction)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Educating the Engineer of 2020. Adapting Engineering Education to the New Century
- 2018-01-21[PDF] About the Living Body: Introduction to Philosophical Anatomy (Human Anatomy and Physiology)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Screening the Marquis de Sade: Pleasure, Pain and the Transgressive Body in Film
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Beyond the Natural Body: An Archaeology of Sex Hormones
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Change the World Without Taking Power: The Meaning of Revolution Today
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Amending the Abject Body: Aesthetic Makeovers in Medicine and Culture (SUNY series in Feminist Criticism and Theory)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Sensation: The New Science of Physical Intelligence
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Meditation - The Complete Guide: Techniques from East and West to Calm the Mind, Heal the Body, and Enrich the Spirit
- 2017-12-02[PDF] On the Formal Structure of Physical Theories
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Educating the Royal Navy: 18th and 19th Century Education for Officers (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Stress: The Brain-Body Connection (Key Issues in Mental Health, Vol. 174)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Educating the Consumer-citizen: A History of the Marriage of Schools, Advertising, and Media (Sociocultural, Political, and Historical Studies in Education)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.