Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Brian Rappert | Publisher: ANU E Press | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1921666382 | ISBN13: 9781921666384 |
Description: At the start of the twenty-first century, warnings have been raised in some quarters about how by intent or by mishap advances in biotechnology and related fields could aid the spread of disease. Science academics, medical organisations, governments, security analysts, and others are among those that have sought to raise concern. Education and Ethics in the Life Sciences examines a variety of attempts to bring greater awareness to security concerns associated with the life sciences. It identifies lessons from practical initiatives across a wide range of national contexts as well as more general reflections about education and ethics. The eighteen contributors bring together perspectives from a diverse range of fields including politics, virology, sociology, ethics, security studies, microbiology, and medicine as well as their experiences in universities, think tanks and government. In offering their assessment about what must be done and by whom, each chapter addresses a host of challenging practical and conceptual questions. Education and Ethics in the Life Sciences will be of interest to those planning and undertaking training activities in other areas. In asking how education and ethics are being made to matter in an emerging area of social unease, it will also be of interest to those with more general concerns about professional conduct.
Education and Ethics in the Life Sciences.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35676
- 2011-05-29Education and Ethics in the Life Sciences
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Philosophy of Systems Biology: Perspectives from Scientists and Philosophers (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Classification, Disease and Evidence: New Essays in the Philosophy of Medicine (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Philosophy of Cancer: A Dynamic and Relational View (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Brain, Mind and Consciousness in the History of Neuroscience (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Current Perspectives on Sexual Selection: What's left after Darwin? (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The DSM-5 in Perspective: Philosophical Reflections on the Psychiatric Babel (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Reductive Explanation in the Biological Sciences (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Naturalism in the Philosophy of Health: Issues and Implications (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Entangled Life: Organism and Environment in the Biological and Social Sciences (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Vitalism and the Scientific Image in Post-Enlightenment Life Science, 1800-2010 (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences)
- 2018-10-12Dreamers, Visionaries, and Revolutionaries in the Life Sciences
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Nonautonomous Dynamical Systems in the Life Sciences (Lecture Notes in Mathematics / Mathematical Biosciences Subseries)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Rhetoric and Ethics in the Cybernetic Age: The Transhuman Condition (Routledge Studies in Rhetoric and Communication)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Nuclear Analytical Methods in the Life Sciences
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Challenges and Opportunities in the Hydrologic Sciences
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Models and Applications in the Decision Sciences: Best Papers from the 2015 Annual Conference (FT Press Analytics)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Discovery-Based Learning in the Life Sciences
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.