Posted on 2017-10-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Anilla Cherian | Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell | Category: Geosciences | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1118845609 | ISBN13: 9781118845608 |
Description: Energy and Global Climate Change: Bridging the Sustainable Development Divide focuses attention on two urgent global development challenges faced by the UN and its member states: access to sustainable energy for all, and global climate change. This book presents compelling evidence about an often neglected aspect of the energy-climate change-development nexus faced by millions of poor: problems caused by the use of inefficient and polluting energy sources, and the lack of access to sustainable energy services. Based on a detailed examination of major UN global climate change and sustainable development negotiated outcomes over the course of several decades, this book argues in a powerful and insightful manner that intergovernmental negotiated outcomes aimed at solving the climate change and energy access challenges have been restricted by being placed in different negotiating silos. This siloization or compartmentalization has resulted in separate tracks of negotiated outcomes on two inextricably linked global development challenges and, has thereby hindered prospects for integrated action. This book points out that the existence of these two silos is especially hard to ignore in light of the urgent UN-led quest for an integrated and universal post-2015 development agenda anticipated to be anchored by new sustainable development goals on energy access and climate change. By addressing the heavy reliance on inefficient and polluting energy services which result in indoor air pollution and short lived climate pollutants that tragically impact millions of poor people, this book highlights the unique importance of integrated action on the energy-poverty-climate change nexus in the UNs post-2015 development era.
Energy and Global Climate Change: Bridging the Sustainable Development Divide.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32024
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Europe and Global Climate Change: Politics, Foreign Policy and Regional Cooperation
- 2011-10-14Food Security and Climate Change in the Pacific: Rethinking the Options
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Media and Global Climate Knowledge: Journalism and the IPCC
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Invasive Species and Global Climate Change
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Political and Socio-Economic Change in the Middle East and North Africa: Gender Perspectives and Survival Strategies - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Hydrology and Global Environmental Change (Understanding Global Environmental Change)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Volcanism and Global Environmental Change
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Energy and Environmental Engineering: Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Energy and Environmental Engineering (ICEEE 2014), September ... (Communications in Environmental Science)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Measuring and Maximizing Training Impact: Bridging the Gap between Training and Business Results
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Logistics and Supply Chain Innovation: Bridging the Gap between Theory and Practice (Lecture Notes in Logistics)
- 2016-07-04Europe and Global Climate Change
- 2014-01-08Architectures for Agreement: Addressing Global Climate Change in the Post-Kyoto World
- 2010-03-27Europe and Global Climate Change: Politics, Foreign Policy and Regional Cooperation
- 2009-06-05[request]International relations and global climate change
- 2009-02-18Sudden and Disruptive Climate Change: Exploring the Real Risks and How We Can Avoid Them
- 2009-01-10International Business and Global Climate Change - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Evaluating Climate Change Action for Sustainable Development
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Global Climate Change Policy and Carbon Markets: Transition to a New Era (Energy, Climate and the Environment)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.