Posted on 2017-12-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alice H. Amsden | Publisher: The MIT Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 0262012340 | ISBN13: 9780262012348 |
Description: The American government has been both miracle worker and villain in the developing world. From the end of World War II until the 1980s poor countries, including many in Africa and the Middle East, enjoyed a modicum of economic growth. New industries mushroomed and skilled jobs multiplied, thanks in part to flexible American policies that showed an awareness of the diversity of Third World countries and an appreciation for their long-standing knowledge about how their own economies worked. Then during the Reagan era, American policy changed. The definition of laissez-faire shifted from "Do it your way" to an imperial "Do it our way." Growth in the developing world slowed, income inequalities skyrocketed, and financial crises raged. Only East Asian economies resisted the strict prescriptions of Washington and continued to boom. Why? In Escape from Empire, Alice Amsden argues provocatively that the more freedom a developing country has to determine its own policies, the faster its economy will grow. America's recent inflexibilityas it has single-mindedly imposed the same rules, laws, and institutions on all developing economies under its influencehas been the backdrop to the rise of two new giants, China and India, who have built economic power in their own way. Amsden describes the two eras in America's relationship with the developing world as "Heaven" and "Hell"a beneficent and politically savvy empire followed by a dictatorial, ideology-driven one. What will the next American empire learn from the failure of the last? Amsden argues convincingly that the worldand the United Stateswill be far better off if new centers of power are met with sensible policies rather than hard-knuckled ideologies. But, she asks, can it be done?
Escape from Empire: The Developing World's Journey through Heaven and Hell.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34699
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Escape from Empire: The Developing World's Journey through Heaven and Hell
- 2009-07-08"Escape from Empire: The Developing World's Journey through Heaven and Hell".
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Iron Man: My Journey through Heaven and Hell with Black Sabbath
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Iron Man: My Journey through Heaven and Hell with Black Sabbath
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Escape from Democracy: The Role of Experts and the Public in Economic Policy
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Wireless Networking in the Developing World: Black and White Version
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Wireless Networking in the Developing World
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Biomarker Discovery in the Developing World: Dissecting the Pipeline for Meeting the Challenges - Removed
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Medical Devices and Biomaterials for the Developing World: Case Studies in Ghana and Nicaragua (SpringerBriefs in Public Health) - Removed
- 2017-10-23[PDF] A Game As Old As Empire: The Secret World of Economic Hit Men and the Web of Global Corruption
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Food Security in the Developing World
- 2017-01-05[PDF] Food Security in the Developing World
- 2021-01-20Democracy in the Developing World Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Digital Representation of the Real World: How to Capture, Model, and Render Visual Reality
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Natural Law in the Spiritual World (Cambridge Library Collection - Science and Religion)
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Escape From Debt: Make a Plan, Take Action, Get Happy and Love Your Life
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Soviet Schooling in the Second World War (Studies in Russian and East European History) [Russian]
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Soviet Schooling in the Second World War (Studies in Russian and East European History) [Russian]
- 2013-12-10Medical Devices and Biomaterials for the Developing World: Case Studies in Ghana and Nicaragua [Repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.