[PDF] Escape from the Land of Snows: The Young Dalai Lama's Harrowing Flight to Freedom and the Making of a Spiritual Hero [Audiobook]
Posted on 2017-11-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stephan Talty, read by Shishir Kurup | Category: Audio Books | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 8ea27c03ac4b445a8afdcbe014c6f15a |
Description: On the evening of March 17, 1959, as the people of Tibet braced for a violent power grab by Chinese occupiers-one that would forever wipe out any vestige of national sovereignty-the 24-year-old Dalai Lama, Tibet's political and spiritual leader, contemplated the impossible. The task before him was immense: to slip past a cordon of crack Chinese troops ringing his summer palace and, with an escort of 300, journey across the highest terrain in the world and over treacherous Himalayan passes to freedom-one step ahead of pursuing Chinese soldiers. Mao Zedung, China's ruthless Communist dictator, had pinned his hopes for total Tibetan submission on controlling the impressionable Dalai Lama. So beloved was the young ruler-so identified with his country's essence-that for him to escape might mean perpetual resistance from a population unwilling to tolerate an increasingly brutal occupation. The Dalai Lama's minders sent word to the Tibetan rebels and CIA-trained guerrillas who waited on the route: His Holiness must escape-at all costs. In many ways, the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, was unprepared for the epic journey awaiting him. Twenty-two years earlier, government search parties, guided by prophecies and omens, had arrived at the boy's humble peasant home and subjected the two-year-old to a series of tests. After being declared the reincarnation of Tibet's previous ruler, the boy was brought to Lhasa to learn the secrets of Buddhism and the ways of ultimate power. Forced in the ensuing two decades to cope with aching loneliness and often stifling ritual-and compelled to suppress his mischievous personality-Gyatso eventually proved himself a capable leader. But no previous Dalai Lama had ever taken on a million Communist Chinese soldiers bent on stamping out Tibetan freedom.
Escape from the Land of Snows: The Young Dalai Lama's Harrowing Flight to Freedom and the Making of a Spiritual Hero [Audiobook].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33926
- 2022-08-09Escape from the Land of Snows The Young Dalai Lama's Harrowing Flight to Freedom and the Making ...
- 2012-01-16Escape from the Land of Snows: The Young Dalai Lama's Harrowing Flight to Freedom and the Making of a Spiritual Hero - Removed
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Escape from the Past: The Kid (book 2)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Escape from the Deep: A True Story of Courage and Survival During World War II
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Escape from the Deep: The Epic Story of a Legendary Submarine and Her Courageous Crew
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Escape from the Past: The Duke's Wrath
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Escape from the Third Reich: Folke Bernadotte and the White Buses
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Escape from the Deep: A True Story of Courage and Survival During World War II
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Escape from the Deep: The Epic Story of a Legendary Submarine and Her Courageous Crew
- 2014-03-31Escape from the Land of Snows (Audiobook)
- 2012-01-02Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- 2011-09-16Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-08-17Feeling the Heat: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Climate Change - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Escape from Democracy: The Role of Experts and the Public in Economic Policy
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Emissaries from the Holy Land: The Sephardic Diaspora and the Practice of Pan-Judaism in the Eighteenth Century (Stanford Studies in Jewish History and C)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Devilish Bounty: Escape from the Gallows
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Dead Man Running: The True Story of a Secret Agent's Escape from the Ira and Mi5
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Escape from North Korea: The Untold Story of Asia's Underground Railroad
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.