Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Richard Paul Vaggione | Publisher: Clarendon Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 456 | ISBN: 0198146787 | ISBN13: 9780198146780 |
Description: The study of 'Arianism' has proved one of the abiding fascinations and the abiding problems of early Christian studies in recent years. In this book Richard Vaggione addresses the definition of the doctrine and why it generated such intense social turmoil by examining the standpoint of one of 'Arianism's' principal supporters, Eunomius of Cyzicus. Eunomius' life is used as a framework within which to discuss changes in the doctrine of the Trinity. His origins, personal history, education, theology, and works are discussed in detail, as well as his unique philosophy of language. Dr Vaggione examines the relationship of Eunomius and his movement to the non-Nicene movement, and considers the meaning of the liturgical and other changes he made. He also traces the fortunes of the Eunomian following are traced through its final disappearance in the sixth or seventh century. One of the principal themes of the book is the nature of doctrinal change, especially the contribution of ordinary people, including those of women and ascetics. Richard Vaggione argues that the process of doctrinal change is not exclusively the task of the religious 'professional' but of the Christian community as a whole, involving a prolonged dialogue between nave and pulpit leading finally to a new doctrinal and devotional synthesis.
Eunomius of Cyzicus and the Nicene Revolution (Oxford Early Christian Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35854
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Eunomius of Cyzicus and the Nicene Revolution (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Irenaeus of Lyons and the Theology of the Holy Spirit (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Irenaeus of Lyons and the Theology of the Holy Spirit (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Palladius of Helenopolis: The Origenist Advocate (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Palladius of Helenopolis: The Origenist Advocate (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2021-06-02God and Christ in Irenaeus (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Droidmaker: George Lucas and the Digital Revolution
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Animal Internet: Nature and the Digital Revolution
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Latin American Writers and the Rise of Hollywood Cinema (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The American Revolution Reborn (Early American Studies)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Subjectivity: Filmic Representation and the Spectator's Experience (European Film Studies - Key Debates)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Unpopular Sovereignty: Mormons and the Federal Management of Early Utah Territory
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Ecological Crisis, Sustainability and the Psychosocial Subject: Beyond Behaviour Change (Studies in the Psychosocial) - Removed
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Transamerican Literary Relations and the Nineteenth-Century Public Sphere (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Law and Legality in the Greek East: The Byzantine Canonical Tradition, 381-883 (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Drama of the Divine Economy: Creator and Creation in Early Christian Theology and Piety (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Apophasis and Pseudonymity in Dionysius the Areopagite: 'No Longer I' (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Portraits from the French Renaissance and the Wars of Religion (Early Modern Studies (Truman State Univ Pr))
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Economic Diplomacy: Japan and the Balance of National Interests (Diplomatic Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.