Posted on 2017-10-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jean Marie Allman | Publisher: Indiana University Press | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0253344158 | ISBN13: 9780253344151 |
Description: Everywhere in the world there is a close connection between the clothes we wear and our political expression. To date, few scholars have explored what clothing means in 20th-century Africa and the diaspora. In Fashioning Africa, an international group of anthropologists, historians, and art historians bring rich and diverse perspectives to this fascinating topic. From clothing as an expression of freedom in early colonial Zanzibar to Somali women's headcovering in inner-city Minneapolis, these essays explore the power of dress in African and pan-African settings. Nationalist and diasporic identities, as well as their histories and politics, are examined at the level of what is put on the body every day. Readers interested in fashion history, material and expressive cultures, understandings of nation-state styles, and expressions of a distinctive African modernity will be engaged by this interdisciplinary and broadly appealing volume. Contributors are Heather Marie Akou, Jean Allman, A. Boatema Boateng, Judith Byfield, Laura Fair, Karen Tranberg Hansen, Margaret Jean Hay, Andrew M. Ivaska, Phyllis M. Martin, Marissa Moorman, Elisha P. Renne, and Victoria L. Rovine.
Fashioning Africa: Power and the Politics of Dress (African Expressive Cultures).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32590
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Fashioning Africa: Power and the Politics of Dress (African Expressive Cultures)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Poor States, Power and the Politics of IMF Reform: Drivers of Change in the Post Washington Consensus (International Political Economy Series) - Removed
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Empires in World History: Power and the Politics of Difference
- 2019-02-24Poor States, Power and the Politics of IMF Reform
- 2019-01-30Poor States, Power and the Politics of IMF Reform
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2018-01-10[PDF] America, Sea Power, and the World
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Rasputin: Faith, Power, and the Twilight of the Romanovs - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Broken English: Dialects and the Politics of Language in Renaissance Writings
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Anti-Veiling Campaigns in the Muslim World: Gender, Modernism and the Politics of Dress (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Why Mars: NASA and the Politics of Space Exploration (New Series in NASA History) - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Hegel: Religion, Economics, and the Politics of Spirit, 1770-1807 (Ideas in Context)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Petrostate: Putin, Power, and the New Russia
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Broken Harmony: Shakespeare and the Politics of Music
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Testosterone: Sex, Power, and the Will to Win
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Security Theology, Surveillance and the Politics of Fear
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Feeling Backward: Loss and the Politics of Queer History
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Israel's Holocaust and the Politics of Nationhood (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Purifying Empire: Obscenity and the Politics of Moral Regulation in Britain, India and Australia
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.