Posted on 2017-11-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Heather Love | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 206 | ISBN: 0674026527 | ISBN13: 9780674026520 |
Description: "Feeling Backward" weighs the costs of the contemporary move to the mainstream in lesbian and gay culture. While the widening tolerance for same-sex marriage and for gay-themed media brings clear benefits, gay assimilation entails other losses - losses that have been hard to identify or mourn, since many aspects of historical gay culture are so closely associated with the pain and shame of the closet."Feeling Backward" makes an effort to value aspects of historical gay experience that now threaten to disappear, branded as embarrassing evidence of the bad old days before Stonewall. It looks at early-twentieth-century queer novels often dismissed as "too depressing" and asks how we might value and reclaim the dark feelings that they represent. Heather Love argues that instead of moving on, we need to look backward and consider how this history continues to affect us in the present.Through elegant readings of Walter Pater, Willa Cather, Radclyffe Hall, and Sylvia Townsend Warner, and through stimulating engagement with a range of critical sources, "Feeling Backward" argues for a form of politics attentive to social exclusion and its effects.
Feeling Backward: Loss and the Politics of Queer History.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33803
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Broken English: Dialects and the Politics of Language in Renaissance Writings
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Why Mars: NASA and the Politics of Space Exploration (New Series in NASA History) - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Hegel: Religion, Economics, and the Politics of Spirit, 1770-1807 (Ideas in Context)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Broken Harmony: Shakespeare and the Politics of Music
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Security Theology, Surveillance and the Politics of Fear
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Israel's Holocaust and the Politics of Nationhood (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Purifying Empire: Obscenity and the Politics of Moral Regulation in Britain, India and Australia
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Saving Face: Disfigurement and the Politics of Appearance
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Exhausting Dance: Performance and the Politics of Movement
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Modernist Fiction, Cosmopolitanism and the Politics of Community
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Biological Economies: Experimentation and the politics of agri-food frontiers (Routledge Studies in Food, Society and the Environment)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Fashioning Africa: Power and the Politics of Dress (African Expressive Cultures)
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Manuscript Verse Collectors and the Politics of Anti-Courtly Love Poetry
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Affective Mapping: Melancholia and the Politics of Modernism
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Poor States, Power and the Politics of IMF Reform: Drivers of Change in the Post Washington Consensus (International Political Economy Series) - Removed
- 2017-04-10[PDF] American Foreign Policy and The Politics of Fear: Threat Inflation since 9/11 (Routledge Global Security Studies)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] American Foreign Policy and The Politics of Fear: Threat Inflation since 9/11 (Routledge Global Security Studies)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Exhausting Dance: Performance and the Politics of Movement
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.