Posted on 2017-12-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Edward LiPuma | Category: Finances and Money | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 0822334186 | ISBN13: 9780822334187 |
Description: The market for financial derivatives including currency swaps, stock options, and commodities futures is far and away the largest and most powerful market in the world, and it is growing exponentially. In 1970 the yearly valuation of financial derivatives was probably only a few million dollars. By 1980 the sum had swollen to nearly one hundred million dollars. By 1990 it had climbed to nearly one hundred billion dollars, and in 2000 it approached one hundred trillion. Created and sustained by a small number of European and American banks, corporations, and hedge funds, the derivatives market has an enormous influence on the economies of nations, because it controls the price of money. Derivatives bought and sold by computer keystrokes in London and New York affect the price of housing in Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, and Buenos Aires. Arguing that social theorists concerned with globalization must familiarize themselves with the mechanisms of a world economy based on the rapid circulation of capital, Edward LiPuma and Benjamin Lee provide a concise introduction to financial derivatives. LiPuma and Lee describe the derivative as the primary financial instrument of a global economy based on the circulation of a large, voracious pool of speculative capital and an extremely abstract notion of risk. Emphasizing the relation or lack of relation of derivatives to production-oriented, labour-based economies, LiPuma and Lee trace the implications of today's culture of financial circulation for the ongoing construction of democratic governance across the postcolonial divide. While regional crises and spectacular corporate failures including the collapse of Argentina's peso and the demise of the Enron Corporation periodically put derivatives trading in the news, LiPuma and Lee seek to catalyze sustained cultural analysis of its staggering social and economic effects.
Financial Derivatives and the Globalization of Risk.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34523
- 2010-06-07Financial Derivatives and the Globalization of Risk (Public Planet)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Financial crises and the nature of capitalist money: Mutual developments from the work of Geoffrey Ingham - Removed
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Financial Exclusion and the Poverty Trap: Overcoming Deprivation in the Inner City (Routledge Advances in Social Economics)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Financial Exclusion and the Poverty Trap: Overcoming Deprivation in the Inner City (Routledge Advances in Social Economics)
- 2011-08-22The Social Contours of Risk: Volume 2: Risk Analysis, Corporations and the Globalization of Risk (The Earthscan Risk in Society Series)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Financial Derivatives: Pricing and Risk Management
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Marketplace Lending, Financial Analysis, and the Future of Credit: Integration, Profitability, and Risk Management (The Wiley Finance Series)
- 2020-06-18Marketplace Lending, Financial Analysis, and the Future of Credit: Integration, Profitability, and Risk Management (The Wiley Finance Series)
- 2018-07-19Explaining Risk Analysis; Protecting health and the environment (Earthscan Risk in Society)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Encountering the Dharma: Daisaku Ikeda, Soka Gakkai, and the Globalization of Buddhist Humanism
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Tort, Custom, and Karma: Globalization and Legal Consciousness in Thailand (The Cultural Lives of Law)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Financial Institutions and Markets: The Financial Crisis: An Early Retrospective - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Asian Financial Crisis and the Architecture of Global Finance (Cambridge Asia-Pacific Studies)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Money, Banking, and the Financial System
- 2018-01-17[PDF] From Christ to Confucius: German Missionaries, Chinese Christians, and the Globalization of Christianity, 1860-1950
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Money for Nothing: Real Wealth, Financial Fantasies and the Economy of the Future by Roger Bootle
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Competition, Growth Strategies and the Globalization of Services: Real Estate Advisory Services in Japan, Europe and the US (Routledge Studies in International Business and the World Economy)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Reckoning: Financial Accountability and the Rise and Fall of Nations
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Warren Buffett and the Interpretation of Financial Statements: The Search for the Company with a Durable Competitive Advantage [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.