Posted on 2017-12-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Simon Boag | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 1855757389 | ISBN13: 9781855757387 |
Description: Possibly no other psychoanalytic concept has caused as much ongoing controversy, and attracted so much criticism, as that of 'repression'. Repression involves denying knowledge to oneself about the content of one's own mind and is most commonly implicated in disputes concerning the possibility of repressed memories of trauma (and their subsequent recovery). While fundamental in Freudian psychoanalysis, recent developments in psychoanalytic thinking (e.g., 'mentalization') have downplayed the importance of repression, in part due to less emphasis being placed on the importance of memory within therapy. This book proposes that Freud's theory of repression needs to be understood in a new light, which allows Freudian repression to be evaluated afresh and gives a modern appreciation for the vitality of Freud's thinking. While much contemporary discussion is about the repression of traumatic memories, this book instead shows that Freud appears to conceptualize repression as a specific form of cognitive-behavioural inhibition, and this has enormous implications for understanding repression within a modern context. Situating repression within a dynamic account of persons, Freudian repression is surprisingly congruent with models of inhibitory processes emerging from modern psychology and the neursosciences.
Freudian Repression, the Unconscious, and the Dynamics of Inhibition.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34378
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Small Worlds: The Dynamics of Networks between Order and Randomness
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Accidental Logics: The Dynamics of Change in the Health Care Arena in the United States, Britain, and Canada
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Accidental Logics: The Dynamics of Change in the Health Care Arena in the United States, Britain, and Canada
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Systemic Risk: The Dynamics of Modern Financial Systems
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Facilities Management: The Dynamics of Excellence
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Systemic Risk: The Dynamics of Modern Financial Systems
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Imagined Futures: Fictional Expectations and Capitalist Dynamics
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Digital Communications Using Chaos and Nonlinear Dynamics (Institute for Nonlinear Science) - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Structural Models of Wage and Employment Dynamics, Volume 275 (Contributions to Economic Analysis)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Invitation To C*-Algebras And Topological Dynamics (World Scientific Advanced Series in Dynamical Systems, Vol 3) (Series in Automation)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Introduction to Mathematical Modeling and Chaotic Dynamics
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Econophysics of Systemic Risk and Network Dynamics (New Economic Windows) - Removed
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Modeling of Land-Use and Ecological Dynamics (Cities and Nature) - Removed
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Structural Models of Wage and Employment Dynamics, Volume 275 (Contributions to Economic Analysis)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Digital Communications Using Chaos and Nonlinear Dynamics (Institute for Nonlinear Science)
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The Freudian Unconscious and Cognitive Neuroscience: From Unconscious Fantasies to Neural Algorithms
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Migration Policymaking in Europe: The Dynamics of Actors and Contexts in Past and Present (Amsterdam University Press - IMISCOE Research)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Dynamics of Change in EU Governance (Studies in EU Reform and Enlargement)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Microsimulation and Population Dynamics: An Introduction to Modgen 12 (The Springer Series on Demographic Methods and Population Analysis) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.