[PDF] Gender Across Languages: The Linguistic Representation of Women and Men (IMPACT: Studies in Language and Society
Posted on 2018-01-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Marlis Hellinger | Publisher: John Benjamins Pub Co | Category: English | Language: English | Page: 338 | ISBN: 1588110850 | ISBN13: 9781588110855 |
Description: This is the first of a three-volume comprehensive reference work on "Gender Across Languages", which provides systematic descriptions of various categories of gender (grammatical, lexical, referential, social) in 30 languages of diverse genetic, typological and socio-cultural backgrounds. Among the issues discussed for each language are the following: what are the structural properties of the language that have an impact on the relations between language and gender? What are the consequences for areas such as agreement, pronominalization and word-formation? How is specification of and abstraction from (referential) gender achieved in language. Is empirical evidence available for the assumption that masculine/male expressions are interpreted as generics? Can tendencies of variations and change be observed, and have alternatives been proposed for a more equal linguistic treatment of women and men? This volume provides the basis for explicitly comparative analysis of gender across languages.
Gender Across Languages: The Linguistic Representation of Women and Men (IMPACT: Studies in Language and Society.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35348
- 2014-04-12Gender Across Languages: The linguistic representation of women and men. Volume 1
- 2014-01-24Gender Across Languages: The Linguistic Representation of Women and Men - eazydoc.com
- 2012-04-12Gender Across Languages: The Linguistic Representation of Women and Men (IMPACT: Studies in Language and Society - Removed
- 2012-04-10Gender Across Languages: The Linguistic Representation of Women and Men
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Gender Across Languages: Volume 4 (IMPACT: Studies in Language and Society)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Rails Across Canada: The History of Canadian Pacific and Canadian National Railways
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Gender Hierarchy in the Qur'an: Medieval Interpretations, Modern Responses (Cambridge Studies in Islamic Civilization)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Case and Grammatical Relations Across Languages: The Nominative & Accusative and their counterparts (Case and Grammatical Relations Across Languages, 4)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Crime and Corpus: The linguistic representation of crime in the press
- 2018-10-12Crime and Corpus The linguistic representation of crime in the press
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Gender and the Mexican Revolution: Yucatan Women and the Realities of Patriarchy
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Sexual and Gender Diversity in the Muslim World: History, Law and Vernacular Knowledge (Library of Islamic South Asia)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Formalizing Natural Languages: The NooJ Approach (Cognitive Science)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Gender Shrapnel in the Academic Workplace - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Football Cliches: Decoding the Oddball Phrases, Colorful Gestures, and Unwritten Rules of Soccer Across the Pond
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Astronomy Across Cultures: The History of Non-Western Astronomy - Removed
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Mathematics Across Cultures: The History of Non-Western Mathematics - Removed
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Tracks Across America: The Story of the American Railroad, 1825-1900 : With Photographs, Maps, and Drawings
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Proverbs from Around the World: 1500 Amusing, Witty and Insightful Proverbs from 21 Lands and Languages
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.